D2mini's New 130g Make-Believe Cube Build Thread

Re: D2mini's New 100g Rimless Cube Build Thread

lol, i should get an ETA on the tank this week. My builder just has to come up with the overflow design that will work with the underlaying support structure of the stand.

Meanwhile.... I just ordered my skimmer! An i-Tech 200 cone skimmer! :^:

I have seen absolutely nothing but awesome stuff about this skimmer. Just got off the phone with the owner, John who makes them all by hand in his shop in Florida.
User on reefcentral are all saying it's outperforming the higher end european skimmers and their knock-offs. :shock:

a skimmer? but no pictures yet.. and its already been 2 min.. GEEZ!! :mrgreen:

LOL! :mrgreen:

The damn pieces are all packed in so much styrofoam, bubble wrap and peanuts, I'm gonna have to wait till i get home to even think about unpacking it. :D

wait, ups dropped it off but your not home? WTH?

I work in this thing called an "office". It has walls, a ceiling... i even have my own little space carved out with 3 full walls, a desk, a chair and a computer. UPS even comes by most days. It's pretty cool. ;)

Yeah but you could have taken pics of the box with all the styrofoam in it!!!!!

We like pics especially out of your magic camera:mrgreen:

No, i had it delivered to my office where everyone makes fun off all the packages I receive. Hey, I like to buy stuff and I like to buy over the interwebs. Sue me! :nanananan

Ok, here it is. Maté for scale of course. :mrgreen:

This thing is HUGE! That skimmer cup is the size of my head. I'm used to skimmer cups about the size of the neck on this thing.

674479400_t7ssv-O.jpg

Dennis is that under you stand? You might be screwed man. Is it going to fit inside a sump and still be able to have the collection cup returned?

Yup! All measured and I'm dropping the skimmer off at Sapphire Aquatics tomorrow so he makes sure it fits all fine and dandy in the sump he is designing. The cup only needs a half inch for removal and I have extra space between the support joists in the stand if i need it. But including the thickness of the acrylic for the sump, it will JUST fit without using the space between the joists!!!

Dennis, dude, I don't think that thing is big enough! What are you going to do?

C

Awesome setup, Dennis! I love the stand. Can't wait to see the actual tank!!

Re: D2mini's New 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

wthell man, can i move in? give me the closet or something i dont each much or :pooh: much.

Wow that thing is nice looking!!!!

Do you sell yurba mate or something? Every picture has it in it:mrgreen:

Dennis, dude, I don't think that thing is big enough! What are you going to do?

C
I don't know! :shock:

Awesome setup, Dennis! I love the stand. Can't wait to see the actual tank!!
Thanks! You and me both!

wthell man, can i move in? give me the closet or something i dont each much or :pooh: much.
Dude... you are NOT :pooh: 'ing in my new skimmer. Or my closet. :nono:

Wow that thing is nice looking!!!!

Do you sell yurba mate or something? Every picture has it in it:mrgreen:
Nah, it's just more interesting than a coke can. :D

I work in this thing called an "office". It has walls, a ceiling... i even have my own little space carved out with 3 full walls, a desk, a chair and a computer. UPS even comes by most days. It's pretty cool. ;)

yea i get that, i work in a cube farm too, but why would you have it delievered to the office rather than home?

i mean if i did that they would fire me cause the ups guy would be here every day(if i have money) but just having something like that in the office would mean that i would be totally distracted from my work, oh, wait, theres no work, i'm on here every min of every day..

nevermind, it would be something to do other than be on here and su doku......

i'm just waiting to hear how that thing works, and if you dont mind me asking, what did it set you back?

I always get stuff delivered to the office so packages will get signed for. No one is at home to sign for anything.

The i-Tech 200 model is $400 plus $188 for the modified Tunze pump.

If you read through the posts in the i-tech skimmer club on reef central, EVERYONE is astonished at how well it works compared to other skimmers. Even in commercial applications like large grow out tanks.

Back