Doc's Shark Tank

Sometimes we got to make tough choices with our fish and tanks.
So man up,get a quarter out and flip it.
Hate to hear you lost the koran and naso though.

Yeah then you can have the best of both worlds! This has to be tough on you though. My dream is to have a touch pool! That would be incredible. I want sharks and rays in it. I really am sorry doc. That sucks so bad.

Dang doc, that really sucks. If anyone knows about hard decisions I feel ya. Had to get rid of the queen angel and the sohal on tough decisions. I know you feel very passionately about both so its gunna be a hard choice.

Wow what an adventure. I just read all 65 page at one time. It was quite the drama. Doc, do detect a change of heart on the "shark" tank? That was the point of all this, no? I see the allure of the other fish but, you still have a beautiful selection of corals. I am doing some research setting up my first tank. This was a great learning experience for me. I haven't seen too many shark tanks in any of my research. You have a very unique setup. (I am also a carpenter and think your stand is great, as well as your silicone job. As long as you take your time, finish work is no different from rough carpentry.) Can't wait to see what you decide.

OK, so for now, the tank stays put as is. Nothing leaving, nothing getting added. My heart cannot take any more dead fish. I woke up today with a dead emperor. Ich all over..... dead. At least the offending fish, the grouper, too was dead, and half eaten by the shark. Sigh. I now have a shark (cool) and my blue angel (2 years old and very cool). I am naming him Lazerus. SO, now I don't know what to do. I am just pissed off, between that and that stupid yellow tang.... grrrrr.... FUCK!

-Doc

I have decided to take my tank in a slightly different direction. I love my shark and angelfish, but it seems as if the shark stresses out the fish too much when he gets in his feeding frenzy. I cannot seem to keep my beautiful fish alive while he attacks. It seems to take a special fish to do it. Maybe if I tried a full grown angel, like a french at 12-13 inches, it would be strong enough and confident enough to make it work. Not sure if I want to risk $300 on a theory, even I have limits to how much cash I am willing to throw away on a theory!!!

No, fans of the shark reef, I have decided to make a few changes in the old big ass system. I have a plan for just after Christmas for both tanks. My reef will experience the largest change so check out that build thread for all the excitement there. I will make a few minor adjustments to rock work and inhabitants for this tank. Something cool, of course, and hopefully.... stop losing money in fish!!!

-Doc

keeping us all in suspense and self promoting again, eh? well i will stay tuned....i wanna see what new things are in store for your tank.

again im sorry about your losses though thats tough

keeping us all in suspense and self promoting again, eh? well i will stay tuned....i wanna see what new things are in store for your tank.

again im sorry about your losses though thats tough

Docs just like a soap opera:mrgreen: Gotta watch every day to stay caught up:Cheers:

Yeah its almost too much work for me. I need it all spelled out to keep me in. Lol. I like knowing the end before I start the book. Haha.

Trust me, you will all love it. I am keeping my bamboo shark, that is all I will say for now. You will just have to keep watching as I drop hints, post pics and such. I will be fixing up the rockwork over the next few days (when I decide to change the freakin/ water). Once you see the new rock and coral set up, you will have a better idea of what I am up to!

-Doc

Back