Doc's Shark Tank

Cool pics and video of the bamboo shark Doc!Although not my cup of tea,I see why you enjoy them so.

Good luck and sorry about the Sohal.

how could a group of inverts get rid of a body in that period of time???? i dont really see that as possible do you. thats so strange

I agree. I am thinking I will stick with "squishy". He just hangs out in front of the rocks, stretched out all day for all to see. He even lets me pet him without squirming. Awesome fish!!!

-Doc

doc what are those chunks floating in the water in the feeding video, and in that video it looks like he was walking through the holes in the rocks

doc what are those chunks floating in the water in the feeding video, and in that video it looks like he was walking through the holes in the rocks

There was a hunk of silversides he ravaged in the video. I think that was what you may be referring to? Also, bamboo sharks do use their fins almost as feet to crawl over rocks in search of crustations. It is cool to watch him prop himself up on his fins and stick his nose up in the air.

-doc

Doc, have you checked out the sharks being bred by Tropicorium. They have some nice pics. I thought you were joking about the hand feeding until I saw the pictures on their site. Different sharks though. I wondered about shark prices. Pretty high prices, but not bad considering the prices on large fish in general. Stopped by Petco last night, they just got two clown Trigger Fish about 2.5 inches long for $129 each. And that is a Petco price. But they wanted $49 each for medium Yellow Tangs so I guess the Clown Triggers are not that expensive comparatively. Now that is what you need for a fish Doc, an 18 inch Clown Trigger Fish. If you ever ran out of food he would probably just eat your live rock.

I would not offer it the finger, not in its tank anyway. They get bigger , but I have not seen one much larger than that in a tank anyway, just pictures. Never seen one larger than a foot long in Alaska, in 33 years. Last one I saw that large was in 1974 in Tacoma Washinton. It did not share its 800 gallon tank.

that's awesome. not surprising though I saw a foot long pinktail in vegas that cruised the tank faster than any other fish in there. at that point I immediately fell in love with triggerfish.

sorry we strayed from your shark doc.

Back