finally a vid of my tanks

overstreetlogan

living it up
its a crappy vid.for some reason the front of the didnt show any colors.but ill post some more later.the water runs into the tank inside the tank overflows the tank on the back and sides then runs into what i call the bay tank , then into the sump and so on.the ten gallon on the side runs off a sponge filter.i have no need to run a skimmer my tank perams are all good.i believe i dont need a skimmer because i my wet/dry is so big.the bio-ball section is divided into two sections i only have enuff balls to fill one side.the sump used to run a 600 gallon system in a store.i bought the whole thing and then sold all the other parts for the tank u see now.then i cracked the braces trying to take the dividers out had nothing else to do but put the 29 inside and plumb the tank the way it is now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gIkpcFfE2g]‪Logans tanks and corals‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

new vid of my tank

heres a new vid of my tank.its really low volume so you might need headphones.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsZN565ECu0]‪New video of my tank‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

new tank video

well since my tank leaked last week this is what ive been able to come up with im going to post a vid tomorrow with the lights on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e_1crE3gP8]‪2 fire clown and lta at night‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I know you have had some trouble lately, which i am sorry for, but that seahorse tank is the most unacceptable seahorse tank i have ever seen. I cannot believe you would put them in a tank like that. Have you done any research as to the type of things that they need? Have you dont any research on the dwarfs at all? Have you been able to keep them alive longer than a few months? They should be living for a year at minimum. Plus im sure you are taking them from ocean, are you aware that they are an endangered species AND they can bough captive breed.

This bothers me in the extreme.

I would kill my husband if he had all the stuff in that first tank video.... Our tank is in a huge oak cabinet & all the "contraptions" (skimmer, filtration, etc., etc.) are tucked away underneath. Except the cooler.... it sits next to the cabinet on the floor.

idk the tank is fine the water quality is fine.and around here we have thousands in our bays fl has no shortage of seahorses.they had babies today.so there obviously getting the correct food.or theyd be dead by now.i have never seen a dwarf seahorses for sale in any pet store ive been to in fl.they are happy horses.
I know you have had some trouble lately, which i am sorry for, but that seahorse tank is the most unacceptable seahorse tank i have ever seen. I cannot believe you would put them in a tank like that. Have you done any research as to the type of things that they need? Have you dont any research on the dwarfs at all? Have you been able to keep them alive longer than a few months? They should be living for a year at minimum. Plus im sure you are taking them from ocean, are you aware that they are an endangered species AND they can bough captive breed.

This bothers me in the extreme.

its not my first tank its just that i finally was able to post a vid.that tank is gone now
I would kill my husband if he had all the stuff in that first tank video.... Our tank is in a huge oak cabinet & all the "contraptions" (skimmer, filtration, etc., etc.) are tucked away underneath. Except the cooler.... it sits next to the cabinet on the floor.

Those are not happy horses, and i know what happy seahorses look like. And just because you think you have hundreds in your bay DOES NOT give you the right to remove and endangered animal from the ocean. They need everyone they can get in the ocean. Last years oil spill destroyed much of their habitat and kill off thousands of an already endangered species.

and here is just one place you can get them captive breed: Seahorse Source - Hippocampus zosterae

And breeding does not indicate health. And i want to know exactly how long you have keep those horses alive, because i do not think you will keep them alive for more than a few months. Those guys dont eat frozen, people have been trying for years to get them to eat frozen. Im sure they are subsiding on whatever little pods you have in there.

And nothing excuses how poorly you have set up there tank. Lighting grates for hitching posts? Are you kidding me? At least get them some fake plants to hold onto.

okay u can go ahead and think there not happy but they are i know they are i've been keeping seahorses for five years my first tank was a seahorse tank.were i took those two seahorses there is no shortage.im done with this thread its a argument that can go on and on.
Those are not happy horses, and i know what happy seahorses look like. And just because you think you have hundreds in your bay DOES NOT give you the right to remove and endangered animal from the ocean. They need everyone they can get in the ocean. Last years oil spill destroyed much of their habitat and kill off thousands of an already endangered species.

and here is just one place you can get them captive breed: Seahorse Source - Hippocampus zosterae

And breeding does not indicate health. And i want to know exactly how long you have keep those horses alive, because i do not think you will keep them alive for more than a few months. Those guys dont eat frozen, people have been trying for years to get them to eat frozen. Im sure they are subsiding on whatever little pods you have in there.

And nothing excuses how poorly you have set up there tank. Lighting grates for hitching posts? Are you kidding me? At least get them some fake plants to hold onto.

If you really kept seahorses for that length of time, their tank would not look like that, or you kept those previous seahorse in just as poor conditions which i find disgusting and calloused.

this is my last post as far as seahorses.what does the tank looks have to do with how long they live.lol please explain that one.they are not in poor conditions.for the second time the water perams are good.0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 ammonia , ph 8.3 , lol all others perams are fine.who are u to say that there in poor water conditions.granted the waters not that clear two reasons for that 1 it was a new tank so things were getting settled.now saying that u may think im not thinking correctly puting fish in a uncycled tank.well gulf water and live sand there is no new tank syndrome.2 my sis hand was in before the vid she likes to pick up the starfish.do you have like a youtube water tester to tell my how my conditions are.lol. if you do send me a link so i can buy one.

If you really kept seahorses for that length of time, their tank would not look like that, or you kept those previous seahorse in just as poor conditions which i find disgusting and calloused.

Back