Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clownfish black and white

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Purple firefish

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
I have a midas blenny and a diamond watchman goby in my 27 gallon and would like to add one more fish to my reef that actually swims around.

I am asking you all to help me decide based on your experiences and what my LFS has available.

Rusty angelfish
Lemon Peel angelfish
Formosa Wrasse
Clownfish black/white
Purple firefish

Open to other suggestions if you think something else would be cool.

I know some say the angels might need a bigger tank but again this will be my last and only fish that actually swims (the goby and blenny really dont swim around) so it will pretty much have the tank to itself for swimming about.

I vote for the firefish. I didn't really like that wrasse or the clowns and probably the angels are a bad idea. There's some other wrasses that look really cool like the six line and the flasher. I think the regular clownfish look better then the black and white ones.

I vote for the firefish. I didn't really like that wrasse or the clowns and probably the angels are a bad idea. There's some other wrasses that look really cool like the six line and the flasher. I think the regular clownfish look better then the black and white ones.

Do you think the firefish will swim around or hide in the rock? I already have 2 rock hiding fishes and I kinda wanted something that swims around.

I dont really care if an angel nips my corals I dont have anything important really.

It say minimum tank size 30 gallons on both of them, but I agree, an angelfish would probably need more then that.

I think a clownfish would be a good idea. I just don't like the black and white ones. Do you have an anemone? It looks like fun having one with a clownfish. Sorry, I know how much it sucks when you have an idea and you're excites about it and then everyone says it's not going to work... :bye2:

Voted Firefish as well....
Clowns are not exactly active swimming through the rocks and stuff type either ...mine are completely boring and just hang in one corner..
I also wouldn't put an angel in there....sorry

Just looked them up on youtube. I don't think either of them are very active. That's one of the reasons they only need 30 gallons, because that's all the swim room they need.

No Firefish are boring!! :D
Go for the black and white clowns!!!! :D

Yeah the clowns do seem to be active and have more personality but I really dont want the typical orange and white one I would have to find one that is unique.

They had one that was almost all white but they wanted $179 bucks for it PPFFFT no way.

I think a clownfish would be a good idea. I just don't like the black and white ones. Do you have an anemone? It looks like fun having one with a clownfish. Sorry, I know how much it sucks when you have an idea and you're excites about it and then everyone says it's not going to work... :bye2:

Yes I have 2 condy anemones which are not really clown friendly so not sure how that will work out if I get one.

I like the angelfishes because they are colorful but I want to be smart about what I get and if everyone says no then I am not going to get it and have an unhappy fish.

At my LFS they have these:

black-ocellaris-clownfish.gif

I think these are pretty cool!! :D

Even though it will be the only fish in there that swims? I am worried the firefish wont actually swim around and I dont want another fish hiding in a hole. LOL

It's really not an issue of him being the only fish swimming around...it's swimming space. But I hear ya on wanting a fish that you actually see!!

On that note, I actually had to go with a clownfish. From my firefish experience, mine didn't really swim...more like, hovered above his cave all day, darting back in a lot...but I do love firefish. I don't know anything about the wrasse.

A black & white clown would be the most likely to be visible, less likely to jump (although some have been known to jump -- but not more than a wrasse or firefish), and would do well in your size tank.

Back