jhnrb 150 reef

Quick update. new equipment and equipment on line.

Sulfur denitrator. 5 lbs of sulfur and 5 lbs of calcium reactor media. not yet connected to system just set in final place.

IM004502.JPG

IM004501.JPG

Kalk reactor in operation, automatic mix, automatic makeup.

IM004505.JPG

Last edited:
Amazing! Amazing stuff J,I'm making my plans by watching this awesome setup.I'm really considering a calcium reactor/CO2 unit.Are there any pros and cons you can school me in?My plans were for the Lifereef calcium reactor,what is your recommendation on brand.

Thanks again

The equipment you buy goes like this:

1- determine the need.
2- determine the equipment that will meet the need.
3- shop for available product
4- read reviews and find out all you can on the various items available
5- determine which units are the best
6- select a unit that is easy to clean, is of good materials, uses good parts and pumps with a track record, and compare pricing.
7- select the unit that will give you the best results over the long period and from a vendor that will be around for a while.

What I believe is the best may not be the best for your system. I like Euro Reef for skimmer but ASM also puts out a monster of a skimmer, just remember I wanted recirculation and needle wheel so that narrowed me down to several units. I am very pleased with the Euro reef and with the pump upgrade at no cost to me, im am very pleased. the skimmer performs as I expected. Dosnt mean its the only game in town though so do your home work and then make a selection on what you believe is your best shot. post here with the your final choices and im sure we can comment on those. good luck. (I believe you will be very satisfied with lifereef brand. just get the right sized unit. I went to the skimmer one up from what was recomended for my system. glad i did).

Last edited:
just an update. water parameters look so good decided to add some things to contribute to the system. Hydronphora, acro digitata, 3 corcea clams, a quad of athias/flathead-hawk (one male 3 females), six line wrasse, some green chromis. all doing very well, clams have attached and everyone is eating. bout it for now. will post more pics few days with all lights on. and corals expanded.

IM004565.JPG

Wow!Looks really good John.
I never could find a Hynophora with that many branches around here.

Part of a local buy from a guy that took his system down. The holding tank for the coral buy is having its problems and I am now pushed to move the corals to my system quicker than I wanted to. so will see how it goes. so far all looks good.

Man,And I thought I was changing a lot of water.
I happy its all running smooth for ya.Cant wait to see more pics either.

Back