Kyle's 20 Gallon Long

Just a few I snapped during feeding time.
IMAG0547.jpg
IMAG0550.jpg
IMAG0551.jpg
IMAG0552.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0546.jpg
    IMAG0546.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 232
Went in and they had some hammers that were from an employee. So I got the biggest one with 2 heads. Just acclimated and got where I want it for now, but I may move for flow.
IMAG0556.jpg

More pics after it starts oopening!

I don't know what you did about your cerith snails but I would consider cutting back by a few and would try to keep a good mixture of snail varieties like you have because they all prefer some nastiness for dinner opposed to other nastiness and you want all varieties of left over food, detritus and algae munched on.

I don'LFS now what you did about your cerith snails but I would consider cutting back by a few and would try to keep a good mixture of snail varieties like you have because they all prefer some nastiness for dinner opposed to other nastiness and you want all varieties of left over food, detritus and algae munched on.

Still have them all. I talked to the owner of a new LFS (who by the way won my business) and he may want some soon, otherwise I know a guy that has been looking for a wider variety.

And this new LFS, Pure Aquariums, is amazing. He's authorized EcoTech dealer, awesome frag tank and he actully has 6 foot tanks for tangs, butterflies, etc. Best part is he fed a powder blue for another guy and he ate like a pig! So he sold him for $45. His black occelaris are $20. And he fed his butterfly tank (longnose yellows, auroras, tahitians, heniochus, etc...) In front of me and they all ate like pigs, too. I'm definitely going back, great guy with a lot of knowledge and a heart for what he sells. Call me a regular.

Last edited:
Went back today and traded some of my snails for 5 gallons of water. I need to get another bucket so I can get enough for 2 weeks at a time, though. But since there's finally somewhere close, I AM going to start using RO/DI.

I always used the cheap camping water jugs from Wally Mart....they had aqua blue 6 gallon jugs with fair pouring spouts that work real well and were not real expensive....

Buckets and lids are like $4 and I think I only need 1 more right now. Ill also eventually get a heater for each bucket and a powerhead or pump for the saltwater mix. Plan on an ATO eventually and ill add another heater to that.

I use 6 cup pitchers, for pouring, too.

Cleaner Shrimp are awesome, and the Hammer looks awesome. If you lived closer I'd hook you up with a bunch of frags. My frag tank is getting over crowded lol. If you are ever going to take a trip to NJ for some reason, let me know. I'll give you a bunch of stuff to fill your tank up, and introduce you to a buddy who propagates corals and sells frags for 5$ a piece. From Zoos all the way to SPS.

Cleaner Shrimp are awesome, and the Hammer looks awesome. If you lived closer I'd hook you up with a bunch of frags. My frag tank is getting over crowded lol. If you are ever going to take a trip to NJ for some reason, let me know. I'll give you a bunch of stuff to fill your tank up, and introduce you to a buddy who propagates corals and sells frags for 5$ a piece. From Zoos all the way to SPS.

Not anytime soon, no, but would you be willing to ship in a few months when it gets warmer if you're still full?

Find out how much it would be for shipping from Denville New Jersey 07834 to your house and we'll work something out in the warmer weather. The 150 is getting set up soon. I picked up all the wood for the stand, next is get all the pvc for plumbing. Then it's build the stand and fill it up. Once it's cycled, I'll be looking around for large colonies to stock it with. So, I'll probably have even more stuff by spring/summer :p

What all do you have and how much are you wanting for them? I usually look for smaller stuff that's easier to deal with in a small tank.

Back