LionFish's Journey to the Big Tank Club (Loads of pics)

so what does it take to get into this "big tank club" ??

BTW ... LOOKS GREAT ... where are you getting all of these deals at Lionfish ?? i know EVERY store around here and cant get those deals (even with trading in some frags) !!

so what does it take to get into this "big tank club" ??

BTW ... LOOKS GREAT ... where are you getting all of these deals at Lionfish ?? i know EVERY store around here and cant get those deals (even with trading in some frags) !!

this Deal was at the preston Hwy feeders supply believe it or not .lol
I walked in as they were taking down the Salt display tank,
they dont even do salt water at that store anymore ,lol

I am getting what looks like Micro bubbles pumping out of my return,
do you think a sock on the overflow tubes would help?

Are there a lot of bubbles coming from the drain pipe?
A sock sure wouldnt hurt anything.But if thats not where the bubbles are coming from,then I dont know that I'd add it.

they are comming from the return Lockline.
the Skimmer is making a few, and the Drains are making larger bubbles,

It looks like it is snowing a fine mist in the display

If your return has double locklines,try sticking your finger over one then the other untill it stops blowing bubbles.
I have to mine that way every time I cut my pump off.
It might help to,to put a sponge between the rest of your sump and the pump to catch the bubbles before they get to the pump.

I had a similar problem,make sure all thread fittings have teflon tape....especially if the threads aren't completely under water.

feel free to take this BTC sig I like it better,
Freek it is a tankers badge from battlefield 2142.

Do you guys think it is possible that my cycle is over ?
I checked the nitrates ( 0 ), ammonia ( 0 ) , and nitrites ( 0 )
calcium ( 410 ), phosphates ( 0 )

and 2 days ago the major nitrates, nitrites, ammonia all showed small traces.

I used @ 250 Lbs of LS right from a tank, about 60 Gallons of water i had been saving from water changs

The biggest amount of my water came from the LFS as pre mixed water.

What do ya think?

even though it might give you readouts like that i would still hold off for a bit, i got had the same thing happen and was like wow i didnt think it would be complete this fast and bought 2 firefish that died in 3 days better safe than sorry i suppose

I think you are OK. I am doing something similar, but adding everything all at once. I am using existing waterm plus about 30 gallons of new water, live sand, cured rock and hope to avoid a cycle all at once.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

i would wait another week to be safe.... and more rock? there is not much in there now is there. unless you have added more since the last pic. oh and i was gunna ask i may have missed it but are you only going to be using that one pc light? or are you getting something else? sorry if you said it earlier and i missed it

no that PC light was just to see if a fixture would go on there.
It barley light up the sand bed lol.

I have a elcheap-o MH PC comming in
I read several reviews on RC actually it was a whole thread on how
v.2.0 on these fixtures are actually pretty nice,
the one I ordered has 3 /250 W MH , and 4 / 96 w PC's for a total of
1134 watts, I will have pics asap, should get here on the 19th,

Back