ltkenbo's 55 Gallon Rebuild

Ok so progress, finally had some time to finish up drilling the holes and I painted the back too:

DSC07201.jpg

DSC07212.jpg

DSC07219.jpg

DSC07248.jpg

DSC07249.jpg

DSC07250.jpg

DSC07251.jpg

DSC07254.jpg

DSC07255.jpg

It looks fantastic,great job!Try to look a little more enthusiastic next time.LOL.You have the look of ''Gawd,I don't feel like doing this''.

It looks fantastic,great job!Try to look a little more enthusiastic next time.LOL.You have the look of ''Gawd,I don't feel like doing this''.

Ha ha lol well it was kind of a "I don't feel like doing this" look cause each hole took like 20-25 minutes and I had just drilled 3 or 4 of them lol.

Great job! The thought of drilling a tank instantly brings over a overwhelming feeling for the non - handyman like myself.

Thanks for all the comments guys. The paint is rustoleum all purpose and as mentioned above, blue lol. Anyways some more progress, I brought the tank upstairs the other day and starting glueing some of the PVC in. Next I cut a big hole in the wall, which I wish I had progress pics but I didn't take any. I cut a whole on one side first then on the other side, and I cut it the width from one stud to the next and like 16 inches high then sanded everything and made sure it was level. I then bought drywall, tape, and joint compound and cut pieces to fit to fill all the gaps. I then used joint compound to attach it all yesterday and then today sanded it and applied the tape and more joint compound, it's looking really good especially since I've never worked with drywall before. Tomorrow I will sand it and maybe apply one more layer of joint compound to help even and level everything.

DSC07271.jpg

DSC07277.jpg

DSC07278.jpg

Lots of fish stuff that needs to be organized once I finish everything:

DSC07279.jpg

DSC07280.jpg

DSC07281.jpg

The light I installed, can't believe the closet didn't already have a light in it:

DSC07282.jpg

Wow great idea with the wall! I cut a hole in my wall but didn't know what to do with the openings, so I just left it. :lol: Now I need to tell NDB to get some drywall tape and joint compound and fix it up nice and pretty!

Alright I finished the hole in the wall, decided not to paint it cause the tank blocks it anyways and its too much work to get it perfectly flat, anyways, got a lot of the plumbing done:

DSC07284.jpg

DSC07285.jpg

DSC07287.jpg

DSC07288.jpg

DSC07289.jpg

DSC07291.jpg

Back