monkiboy's frag tank setup!

thanks guys!!

i'm super excited to get things going as one would imagine!

i am working on renovating my website to host the frag's images and have them available for sale online that way i dont have to worry about inventory or what is available and then keep the photography on a small little side link. and this way all my stuff is available to whomever is interested and it's available 24/7.

so FINALLY my nitrates began to decline over the weekend. they are sitting at .5ppm, ammonia 0ppm and nitrates at 1ppm. cycle and rock curing is almost over!

also, i just couldn't bare to see my tank bottom, well,bare. so i picked up some caribsea arag-alive hawaiian black live sand.

lucky me, i order one 20lb bag and i get shipped two!

20121018_164324_zps37f33b81.jpg

i got to work and used some PVC 3" i had laying around and used it to drop my sand in without much cloudiness...

20121018_170711_zpscd92a4db.jpg

then after about four days of research i finalized my DIY LED layout for my evergrow "chinese leds" d120 systems (i ordered two in my local reef clubs group buy)

monkiboylayoutdiyd120sMGfinal_zpsfc4f7718.jpg

well move this existing LED system to the DT and use the two d120s for the frag tank.

things are MOVING...finally.

put another 15 nice sized frags of that SPS electric green millepora on plugs last night...

20121102_201530_zpscd71eb7f.jpg

thinking back, i was only going to do a 20L for a frag tank and then with the PETCO $1/gallon sale, i figured "why not?" and got the 40 breeder and now i really wish i would have gone bigger as my frag tank is full and there are so many other beautiful colonies to pick up and i have no room!

and in pretty neat news, i picked up a 180g reef-ready oceanic glass tank from a fellow local reefer that was upgrading to a marineland OTS 300g. best part is that it was pretty much free! took myself and three other guys to get it from his basement and up the stairs but we got it loaded in the tacoma and i used some pvc pipes to slide it under a work bench in my garage until i figure out what to do with it! now, do i sell to make a few bucks or do i get this puppy started up in another build journal? i kind of wanted to go bigger than 180 for my big tank build (i really wanted to do a few tangs and just have more room in general) so i dont know, but this is already so helpful on the wallet.

decisions....ideas?

20121103_162442_zpsaec22c12.jpg

A 180 is a nice sized tank...If someone gave me a 180 I would be jumping for joy and selling my car so I could get it up and running..but I am a bit crazy...:grumble:

Back