My anti "IRS" 300 gallon build

I only have 2 on mine, but I know I can hook up 4 of them to the controller. I know nothing about the wave box. If you want to read the manual for the controller pm me your email, I can send it in off to you.

I did read the manual on the Tunze website. I think the info I got before was incorrect. Thanks for the help.
Oh by the way, here are some full tank shots that some have been asking for.

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

You make the PVC structure the way you want it to look. (don't glue them) Use Elbows, Tee's and short pieces of 1/2 or 3/4 pipe depending on how big or rocks you're using. form a base with the PVC so that it will sit on the bottom of the tank nicely, and build it up toward the top of the tank. It's really quite easy.

And then you simply get a bag (or in your case 9 bags:D) of tie straps..

You can either drill holes into the rocks, or in most cases, your rocks have enough natural holes in them to push a tie strap through it, and hold it securely. Then you simply wrap the PVC pipe with rocks..

It's easy, fun., and durable as hell.

You'll love the look of it, especially for a double sided tank...This way you don't have to lean anything up against walls.

Here's a link in case you missed it..This will give you an idea of how to do it.

Aquascaping <br>Tricks and Tips

NOTE: DO NOT USE WHITE TIE STRAPS.

Here's why..The Sun, deteriorates white tie straps, and they break...I don't know why, but it does. I assume with the amount of light our tanks need, our lights would do the same.
So err on the side of caution and use black only.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I've had the black ones break from the salt, and they were only holding a filter sock in the sump.

There are tie wraps that are good for sun exposure, and ones that arent. Doesnt matter what color they are. The bag will say if they are UV resistant.

Its not the light that is the problem, its the salt. All I can tell you is that they broke free after a few months.....I would not tie rocks with zip ties and expect them to hold....I just think its risky.

Back