My First Reef Tank (29Gallons)

I meant hammer i dont why i put toadstool it must have been because that is what i was looking at before i posted that

Should i get this starfish out

Yes! take them out now! I dismissed them when I first got them in my tank... now 4-5 months later I am pulling 100's out of my tank!!! I literally have pulled ~150 out of my tank in the last week and there seems to be more every time I look in it =(

The reason I decided to eradicate them is b/c they DO eat the coralline algae! When I pull them off my rock there will be an orange spot where they were eating the coralline algae. After they eat it it turns white/dead.

I'm sure my tank would be MUCH more purple now if I would have gotten rid of them long ago.

So if you want coralline algae (Purple Rocks) get rid of them now >_<!

I liked them both about the same I ordered different stuff from each. I only got two corals from reefs2go i got mostly cuc from them and they were cheap. Mrcoral i like the $10 section they had. out of 16 corals only 1 came in broke but im emailing them out it we are waiting to see if it makes it or not.

Both also had overnight shipping everything packed extremely good, and both had great customer service.

So i guess it depends on what you are getting.

Biff pointed me to the vender eval section to see how everyone was so i would recommend looking at that.

yea everything is looking really good, im only having problems with one coral I cant seem to find it a spot it likes. I'm actually already seeing some of the zoas with new growth. I am having alot of fun with it.

How is your tank going?

Really good I got a hammer and a dendros. They add a lot of movement to the tank and are colorfull. My blue mushroom has doubled in size since I got it. Maybe two weeks ago, so I am very pleased with how things are going. Do you have a recent FTS?

No I wish I did, my girlfriend went to illinois to see her family and left the charger for the carmera up there so i have a dead camera with no charger.

I also bought a hammer and a mushroom, sadly the hammer was broke when in came in and it didnt make it, and my mushroom managed to unglue itself and float away and I have not it since.

Back