My First Reef Tank (29Gallons)

No they didnt come in today they will be here thurs. They sent me a email mon asking if it was ok for them to send them out then but i didnt get it in time, so they are going to send them wed instead.
I also have not forgot about the picture of how the lights are hanging and the measurement just been busy studying for a test

Good luck on your test. I am pretty sure we have the same size tank, because they are both 29 gal and mine is also 30 1/4 wide and you said you were 30 something. Did they send with the lights a bracket to mount it to the back of the tank?

Thanks Bryan, Just order the same light you have, thanks for all the advice I will put together a post for mine some day, Light should be here on the 21st.

YAY my first corals came into today along with a feww snails and a star. I also painted the back of the tank and redid the rocks again didnt even think to take a picture of that so I will be doing that later. the rest of my corals from MrCoral should come in Tuesday.

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0614.jpg

All my new stuff.
DSCN0612.jpg

Those came from reefs2go.com, I really like them, they shipped everything the next night, and all there crabs, snails, starfish, etc seemed to be really cheap compared to what I have seen. I wish I would have ordered a little more from them because they have many buy 1 get 1 free offers.

The corals I have coming in tomorrow are coming from Mrcoral.com, I cant wait to see them.

Thought I would add a couple pics:
Full Tank Shot
DSCN0641.jpg

DSCN0635.jpg

Really hope this one brightens up some
DSCN0648.jpg

My dwarf blue leg crab upgraded shells I think he is in over his head he can barely move this shell
DSCN0628.jpg

My dwarf blue leg crab upgraded shells I think he is in over his head he can barely move this shell
I have a red leged do the same, but to an old turbo shell-- it took him two days just to flip it over--now two molts "sp" later he is moving around real good. How long were those zoa in there for that pic? How long do you have those lights on for now? Are you only running the MH?
Sorry for all the ??, but our tanks are the same size and time in so I am trying to learn all I can before I make to many mistakes. Yours is looking real good for only a few days in. Soon I think we will both be looking for more room to put our corals.

Andersoned the in the pic have been the the tank for 3 days, and i'm only leaving my lights on about 5 hours a day right now I'm still trying to get everything use to them.

Yes I'm only running a MH right now but I do want to get a couple of T5s so I can see everything under them, but that will be a little while coming.

I dont mind the qeustions at all I'm still learning and asking alot of qeustions too, so I may not know the answer either sometimes but I'm sure someone will pick up the slack.

And yes I'm sure we will be looking for bigger tanks before long.

I also just got my corals from mrcoral pictures coming soon, may be tonight after i get off.

I need a new camera :( I cant get very good detail at all with this one. But here are some of the corals i got today.

Should i get this starfish out
DSCN0665.jpg

this one came in broke i think it may be my toadstool anyone help with that?
DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0662.jpg

DSCN0661.jpg

My favorite so far
DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0659.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

Color wont show up good in picture
DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg