New to the hobby.

i see a feather duster (a nice one too) a hermit crab, and aiptsia. I see the orange blob, but it just looks like a sponge to me, im not really sure what it is. Does it move around in the light?

You dont have to drill your tank to have a sump if that is your concern they make overflowboxes for that

Skimmers would be

Reef Octopus
Remora

Hmm... the others evade my mind right now...

So the little orange blob opened up after the light went off. It has clear legs with whiteish balls on the ends. Any ideas?

It does sound like a ball anemone. If so, it's reef-safe and nothing to worry about, unless it starts multiplying (which has happened to some people).

IMO, in a 37g you can get away without using any filters other then your live rock and weekly water changes.

+1 BL1
However it is nice to be able to filter out some of the larger particles in the water column. Also being able to skim the top surface of your water keeps any nasty film from building up.

+1 BL1
However it is nice to be able to filter out some of the larger particles in the water column. Also being able to skim the top surface of your water keeps any nasty film from building up.

Cant argue with that. Personally,I'd set up a sump with just a good in-sump skimmer to take care of that nasty surface film.

Back