New to the hobby.

Did a water change and got things back in shape. Made a trip to the lfs and picked up a few new friends. 5 turbo snails, 10 hermits, 5 marg snails, a fire shrimp and 10 lbs of live rock.

Did a water change and got things back in shape. Made a trip to the lfs and picked up a few new friends. 5 turbo snails, 10 hermits, 5 marg snails, a fire shrimp and 10 lbs of live rock.

I hate to tell you this but margahita snails are actually a cold water snail and just boil to death in our tanks. I have no idea why lfs sell them.

You should look into cerths, astrids, and nassirus snails. I dont think i have spelling right on any of those btw. But dont add them too fast, they can starve to death if there isnt enough algae for them to all eat.

Also good luck with the zoas! Im not 100% sure if your lighting is good enough for them, so place them high in the tank.

New guy!!

mtkid6-albums-37-tank-picture886-fire-shrimp.jpg

In my experience, they usually only live a few weeks. Some people have been able to keep them for months, but I think that's out of the ordinary.

Ok dead snail providing a feast for the hermits. Tested the water ph is 8.2, 1.023, ammonia 0, nitrates 80, and nitrites 0. Should I be worried?

Your nitrates are incredibly high. 80 will be fatal to almost all inverts. Were you aware that your high nitrates were a problem?

Back