Old Moe's 75g

It looks like the self war my Kole Tang was having is over...

I did my normal weekly water change on Sunday and cleaned the glass... I guess the Kole Tang discovered its reflection. It started to head-butt the glass and the surgeon spike on the tail came out... that thing looks like it could put a hurt on someone.

Anyway... it looks like the spike is retracted and the Kole is back to being a happy camper in the tank... only lasted for about a day. Very interesting to watch though.

I had a yellow tang back in the 90's that was in a much to small of a tank...well anyway I watched it gut two other fish with its tail spike thing...I never put my hand in that tank again...

I had a yellow tang back in the 90's that was in a much to small of a tank...well anyway I watched it gut two other fish with its tail spike thing...I never put my hand in that tank again...

yikes... good thing it is back to being peaceful again. I think it just freaked out a little bit with the reflection. But I do believe that thing could do some big time hurt. Nasty looking spike.

Not much new to add. Kole is doing really good and eating like a pig. Kole is getting along fine with everyone else in the tank.

I did a good cleaning of my sump over the weekend, removed the skimmer and cleaned it up really nice. I let it run in the white vinegar overnight and it looks brand new and skimming great.

I am looking to add a Flame Angel this week, then I think that will be it for my stocking for awhile ( Will make 6 fish in a 75g ).

Trying my first frag.

Toadstool which I really like. It has not split on its own, so I am trying to frag a couple of pieces. Will see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

Original Toadstool (taken in April.. so it is bigger now)
IMG_9927-1_zpse722b087.jpg

Frags - Little pissed off, hopefully they will grow.
IMG_2248_zpsec369139.jpg

IMG_2249_zpsb4fc5a6e.jpg

I added the Flame Angel and what a wonderful Fish! absolutely stunning to look at... and very very active and eats like a pig!!!

In addition to my normal frozon food mix.. I also throw in the Nori strips and some Cheato for the fox Face and Kole Tang... The flame Angel seems to love the Nori Strips.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1960_ps_zpsf495bfb2.jpg

Thanks!

The frags are going slow... I think. I am not sure what to expect with them "attaching" to the rock, but it does not look like it has happened yet. They are still healthy looking and the original one bounced back fully after about 3 days.

Very nice flame :) for the mush frags, with the one i bought it refused to stick to the rock wtih the rubber band, I had to throw it in a little plastic bowl with eggcrate on the to to get it to attach. It only took a day or two to attach after that.

Very nice flame :) for the mush frags, with the one i bought it refused to stick to the rock wtih the rubber band, I had to throw it in a little plastic bowl with eggcrate on the to to get it to attach. It only took a day or two to attach after that.

Thanks!.. I like that idea too.

The rubberands as you experienced have not worked too well for me either. I took some left over mesh from the top and lightly wrapped the frags.. this seems to be working. I will definately try the bowl idea next time.

Back