oppinions and advice needed

:bounce: :^: Got my w-2 today,,filing taxes tonight,, ordering 432 watts of light,coralife 125 super skimmer, and 4 maxi-jet 1200 tonight.:bounce: :^:

I went the nova extremes biff.
Yeah Bobby,I was planing on alot of flow.I will also be running 2 emp.400s and going to try running a cannister with no media , more or less just for surface agitation. just to experment.

Those are good filters I have two and used one on a 55 with 2 oscars in it and it was strong enought o keep the whole tank clean. I was also thinking about running my canister on my 55 when I set it up, wont you have to remove the filter pad or clean it alot to stop the nitrate bacteria.

Im not going to have filter pads in the cannister,Im basicaly just going to use it like a powerhead.

I built a set of reflectors to go in my light as soon as it gets here.Im shop foreman at a sheetmetal shop here ,so I called fosters&smith and got the measurements and used some thin mirror finish stainless. Just got to mount em in the light.

I was gonna go ahead and put my sand in the tank after I get it rinsed out,but I got to thinking that maybe I should get my water in there and mixed up first. What do y'all think?

I found it easier to mix the water in the tank then add sand also. I think you will have more cloudy water this way, but that will clear up over night as I'm sure you know.

No,dont have room for a sump,not right now any way.I will most likly end up setting up a sump for it.But that'll be later on in late summer when I can count on getting plenty of over time.
Im hoping my light and skimmer gets here by thursday. Got 35lbs of base rock setting here all ready to go and planning on ordering another 45 to 50lbs of live rock in the next 2 weeks.Im gonna use the live rock to cycle it with. That is if the wife dont throw me and the tank both out of the house first. lol

Sounds good. I hate ordering online because you got to wait for the shipping. LOL But you usually get a lot better deal online.

Yep,I was gonna get my stuff from LFS here,but they wouldnt even talk about t5 lights.and their CSS 120 was a little over double the price from online. Not to mention 200 bucks for 45lbs of live rock compared to 12.99 a pound local.

Yeah, some things you can't beat getting online. I prefer to get my animals from the LFS though, even if they charge twice as much. That way I can watch them and know that they look healthy. I've gotten some clean up crews online and one time half the order came dead :(. I didn't complain, I didn't think it was worth the hassle (even though they had a guarantee), I just figured it was a lesson learned to not get animals online anymore.

And Yote, if your wife can throw you and your tank out of your house, she must be an awfully buff lady.

Ya I would be ordering online to save that kind of money. I like supporting my lfs but sometimes there just too high.

Back