Samhain's Little Kitchen Reef

Ohh I see lol so I'm not going crazy. I knew it was a little too long. Yea Im waiting to see how much they are going to sell the new marineland for.

Update shots!

DSC_0819.jpg

DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_1046.jpg

I'm having algae issues right now, but other than that, the LKR is doing great!

Yeah. My GBP zoas, tyree birdsnest, monti cap, and monti digi are growing like CRAZY! The rest of the corals look healthy and happy too, although they aren't growing quite as explosively. I ended up trading my acan from my 90 for my goniopora from the 10. The acans both seem much happier in the 10, and my goni is showing some extension again now that it's in the 90.

Tank update. I think I've been overrun by bryopsis. A positive identification would be appreciated, if someone can chime in with it. Look at the pics of the pavona and chalice above. It's very wiry in texture and doesn't break apart easily. Either way, it's spread everywhere. I'm sort of at an impasse as to what to do about it. The tank (obviously) has a lot of SPS, which are attached to the rocks, so I can't remove them to boil or scrub them. Starving the tank of light would starve the corals as well. I don't know how elevated mag would affect the coral, but I can't imagine it would be good. So right now I'm doing daily water changes and manually removing what I can. Any suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Back