Sammy's 40 Breeder

SAMMY

Reefing newb
Hi everyone! This tread as the title says will be dedicated to my new 40 Breeder. I upgraded from a 16G with a 20L sump to the 40Br with the same sump. I bough a 36" TEK 4- 39W T5HO fixture. Made the stand myself and the sump w/pre filter. Just added 40 pounds of new sand to the display and all the old sand from my other tank is in my fuge to make a DSB with mangroves, chaeto and caulerpa. Also had to add about 10G of new water. Well here are the pics. Comments, questions, sugestions, etc are always welcome!

First Sketches of my desing:
1-22.jpg

2-23.jpg

5-12.jpg

And here the first pics of the build:
2-26.jpg

3-20.jpg

1-25.jpg

4-16.jpg

there some spots of the purple on my filters tubing..you can see them on the 30 day coraline thread...ive seen pics of sammys 40 breeder..its awsome..wait till he finish this thread..tank really looks great!!

Fuge:
DSC04846.jpg

DSC04848.jpg

DSC04850.jpg

(Yes, there is a Red Spotted Hawkfish down there because he is been aggressive with his tankmates. At the limit that he killed two blennies and a pygmy angel)
ATO
DSC04851.jpg

For those asking how do I access the sump, the front panel is actually the door. It has two pulling knobs and it stay in place with this ball tensoin catchers:
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

I like the design of the fuge/sump...well done.
I once had a Hawkfish bite a Maroon clown in half.The Maroon was nearly 5'' inches.They can be ferocious.

Back