White Spine Tang for sale and 240 gal tank w/ stand and lights

I think that someone is YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifferwine
Alexander, I would love to donate my 240 to Jack, but I can tell you from my experience with Jill that a 240 would not be able to sustain him for much longer either I think Jill was probably a few inches longer than Jack, but she was getting sick and showing signs of tank stress at the time I decided to give her up too. You're right, it was sad, as I was very attached to her (who else has a fish that let's their owner pet them and stroke their sides?!?!), and what is even more sad is that I don't know where she ended up. My LFS moved, and I haven't been over to their new location yet to see if she is still with them, or if she was sold. If she has been sold, I hope that she went to a good home that will take care of her.

I know that you will do the responsible thing for Jack when the time is right, and I know that you would only give him to a thoroughly screened adoptive family! Maybe my 240 would be okay for him, if he was the only fish, and if you didn't keep as much rock in there as I do. If I still have the big tank when the time comes for Jack to find a new home, we can surely work out a way to get it up to you (it's not THAT far from Arizona is it?).

Not to step out of line here Alex, but Sarah, are you deciding to get rid of that 240? If you do, let me know. Assuming Alex doesn't want it, I may!

Justin Daugherty
Proud member of the Crabs Are Evil Society

Justin you clearly want Sarah's 240 (-22) slightly scratched up acrylic, I mean all glass aquarium. Seems like you have come out openly and done all but made an offer! When do you take over possession?

The truth is that while yes, I do want it, I had no business posting that because I can't buy anything these days. I knew it was going to be a little while until Sarah was ready to part with her tank so I got a wild hair and figured I would inquire about it. My wife would have my head! I do want a bigger tank though!

Can you imagine how a big tank in your store would increase your productivity and the overall morale!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I can honestly say that I don't think this tank is big enough for Jack. Jill outgrew it, and she was only a couple inches longer than him. (See, I'm not like those ruthless LFSs that are just trying to make a buck).

I noticed that you are no longer "the girl" you are now just "a girl" with an avatar that is sooo tiny it's hard to tell. The ocean looks pretty though. I miss it!

I'm going to fix my avatar today. People say it's too small. That's the ocean off the southern coast of Portugal.

Yes you are not like those nasty lfs. And alas I need at least 1 more foot of length. I can set up a central mountain like docs shark tank providing a 16 foot loop. Sethung I can't replicate with my stupid center overflow that I hate soooooooooo much

Glad to hear he is still at it and doing well. I hope he finds his way home to LR, even if it's just to say hi every now and then.

Biff if somone where to be interested what is the least amount you would take for the whole setup. tank lights stand everything to make it work. Minus the tang ha ha

Back