wontonflip's 125g build

Don't tempt me! If I knew I could get away with it, I'd have 10 tangs, 10 angels, and all the small gobies in every crevice! :D

Ok so got my sump set up

I had to find the best way to move my 2 part sump out of the way without draining all the water (just in case I did not make enough new saltwater for the new sump). Here's the old setup:
oldsump.jpg

And voila! One 60g tub for all my sumping needs! To the right of the sump is a hole I can use as an emergency drain. I have to order a bulkhead for it, so for now, it's just closed, and I hope I don't get a flood!!
newsump.jpg

I had to use these plastic mesh things to act as a divider, so hopefully by the time the microbubbles hit it, it will rise up and not enter the return pump.
bubbletrap.jpg

And as the picture says, I have one of the intake pipes dumping directly under the chaeto, so I no longer need a powerhead to keep it churning.
fuge.jpg

Skimmer's skimming :D No problems whatsoever! They say adjustment period is usually around 3-4 weeks, but it only took a week for me. Definitely needs to sit in 6-10" of water.

had this link sent to me and just spent 3 hours reading every posting. Love your setup. Gave me lots of ideas for my next upgrade. Thank you for posting so many pictures of your progress. Looks great.

Thanks, rb :) Once I changed out the sump to the 1-piece version, I was really much happier with it because it gave me plenty of room to do whatever I need to do. It's overkill, but works for me ;)

Ok, so poor rocky the lawnmower blenny has gotten skinny! Link the kole tang doesn't like bladder-less fish, apparently LOL (he bullied my diamond watchman, but left the smaller 6-line wrass alone -- in fact, he swims with the small 6-line!). So, rather than fishing Rocky out, I took leftover stuff from around the work room, and made him a feeding box! After 1 day, he's learned to go in and feed in there without worrying about Link bothering him...in fact, I could swear he taunts the other large fish :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdlcP15rVY]Lawnmower Blenny Feeding Box - YouTube[/ame]

Buster looking pitiful cuz he can't get to the juicy seaweed
smDSC09384.jpg

Buster (foxface), Rose (coral beauty), and Link all hovering and picking at the box
smDSC09373.jpg

smDSC093862.jpg

Haha that's a pretty sweet idea. Good luck with the LM, I've had two that just wasted away like that :grumble:

Thanks, Brian....he seems to be loving it. He's not really a timid fish. He's not stupid -- he knows Link will rip him a new one if he doesn't hide, but he still risks the open swim up to the clip to get a few nibbles in. And with this box, he's so comfortable that he jumps in it before I even get my hands out of the water from putting the box down! He's just chillin' while Link hovers around, trying to get in Hehehe.

Back