2009 Nano Build Contest!

dosent this start tomorrow? where the pictures of the equip all laid out and just waiting for water?
wheres the mindless chatter?
where is anybody?

Actually,I think we've got all month to get things laid out and ready.
Looks like I'll have to sit this one out.We're about to get slammed with OT at work,so it'll be a fight just to get to do whats needed on my 125 let alone set up a nano.
Pisses me off to.I wanted that new tank:pissed:

dosent this start tomorrow? where the pictures of the equip all laid out and just waiting for water?
wheres the mindless chatter?
where is anybody?
***** contest officially starts tomorrow******

Yes the contest starts tomorrow! woo hoo! its going to be a damn busy day for me. The lack of pictures is probably that everyone will start their own build thread once the contest starts in the contest forum. The instructions are all laid out, but yes you do have any time during the month of September to join the contest, but hey the sooner it gets setup the sooner parameters will be all good! So for me there will be an entry thread for myself tomorrow :mrgreen: Cant wait to see all the threads come up. I really hope there Is a good turnout this year. Yote im sorry you will have to sit this one out. maybe things will change as the month progresses :x:

I went by the store on my way home from work the paper for the first hasnt come out yet so ill will have to wait until I get up. :frustrat: I was so looking forward to starting my thread.

I'm out. Can't see tearing my frag tank apart. I would just rebuild it as a frag tank again, so whats the point?

Y'all have fun. I'll be following along to see how things shape up. :Cheers:

Me too, but I'm not breaking down my frag tank. I'd have to set up another tank.

Would be cheaper if I could just do a small pico like a 5g or even 3g tank, but I don't know how the rules read on this. :question:

They are sitting here reserved for you. I'm still waiting to hear back from the company in Tempe.

We can go the shipping route if you want to try it.........

Okay. Our new house is still packed up (we are waiting for flooring to be put in the bedrooms before we can even move the boxes out of the living room and TV room!) so I didn't think I was going to be able to enter this contest.

And a few days ago I tore down my nano that I had set up about 2 years ago with rock, sand and water, but never actually put any livestock in.

So now, I'm thinking I just need to buy a 10 gallon tank, and I can set it up for the contest, shove it in a corner of the kitchen, and when we finally "move in" I will just transfer everything over to the nano when the contest ends.

I think I've found a way to make this work!! I'll be setting up my entry this weekend. I hope I'm not at a disadvantage because I started a week after everyone else. Will I be? :(

I hope I'm not at a disadvantage because I started a week after everyone else. Will I be? :(

Of course. You'll probably endure an 8 week cycle and end up killing the first 3 corals you place in the tank. Better giver up now, I'm still trying to figure out a way to get in on this.

:nanananan

J/K Biff. You'll be fine. I'm so excited to see how this turns out. I REALLY want to get in, but I just can't justify the cost right now.

Me too, but I'm not breaking down my frag tank. I'd have to set up another tank.

Would be cheaper if I could just do a small pico like a 5g or even 3g tank, but I don't know how the rules read on this. :question:

Alexander!!!!
I'm I right about it having to be the standard 10 gallon tank of will any 10 gallon be accepted?

Back