Barry's 120 Gallon Reef

Wow, that anemone is a beauty!

Thanks Brian. I paid more then it's worth, but I had to have it. It has a cool blue base the tentacles come out of and a green foot. I'm hoping it stays were I put it and doesn't go hide like the RTBA did.

The 29 gallon sump is just way too small for me so I picked up a 50 short to turn into one.

0131-50Short.jpg

Hmm....now I have a spare 55 DT, 29 gallon sump, dual 65W PC light fixture, and 2 hydro 1400 power heads sitting here. Hmmm... Think Kim would Kill me?

I took my youngest son and a couple of his friends to London today on a fish store run. One of his friends, Braydon, has a 10 gallon saltwater. He's just starting out so I thought the trip would be good for him. First stop on our trip was Pet Paradise. They have a really small saltwater section but usually have some nice corals for cheap, but today they didn't have anything. So we headed to Sealife central. Linda & Gary have a great store. Lots of frags. Linda fed the lionfish and eel so the boys could see them eat. She gave Braydon a Duncan head. I pick up a really nice clam below normal price. From the side it's blue on blue and looking from the top it's green on blue. It opened within 20 minutes of me putting it in my tank.

0133-Clam1.jpg

0134-Clam2.jpg

After spending way too much time looking at everything, we headed to Incredible Aquariums. Bill had ordered me a Tunze Wavemaker Nano. I picked it up, 6 cerith snails, and he gave me a little frag of blue clove polyps for one of my overflows. I forgot to take a picture of the polyps.

0135-TunzeNanoWavebox.jpg

Here's a couple pictures of my BTA's. They are nice and big today. The FTBA climbed halfway up the corner of the tank today. Looking really good.

0136-RBTA.jpg

0137-FTBA.jpg

Bill sold Braydon a few frags for a good price. He got a couple zoa frags and a really cool mushroom. The kids was like a little kid that just came from Disneyland having met Mickey Mouse. He talked about it all the way home. We were 2 1/2 later then I told his Dad we would be so they were rushed when we got back. I put his corals in my tank until tomorrow so I can teach him how to acclimate things properly. The duncan in the centre and the 2 zoa frags to the left are his.

0138-BraydonsCorals1.jpg

The little mushroom to the left is his. I'm going to give him a couple green tipped mushrooms, a green stripped mushroom, a red mushroom, some waving hands, and a superman mushroom for some more colour in his tank.

0139-BraydonsCoral2.jpg

Woot Woot!! Clowns are finally hosting an anemone!! The big one has taken over it and chases the littler one away. I was amazed with the site I saw yesterday morning so I had to snap a picture of it.
0140-ClownsHosting.jpg

More equipment updates. My 5 stage plus RODI unit finally came in from BRS.
0141-RODI.jpg

TDS into the DI canister. It normally sits around 6 or 7, but I had just turned it on.
0142-TDSIn.jpg

TDS out of the DI canister.
0143-TDSOut.jpg

Normally I set my jug in the sink while it is filling, but I was cleaning equipment and set the jug on the floor.....then forgot about it.....This is what happens. I won't tell Kim if you don't.
0151-Opps.jpg

After doing some meat shopping from a butcher in Port Dover that gives excellent package prices, I decided it was time to clean up under my tank and install the new sump that's been taking up space on the basement floor. After 4 hours, and mixing 20+ gallons of water, it's finished. I redid the plumbing to add a valve on one of the return lines to try and quiet it down, but the noise was worse so I opened it back up again. I'll play with it more later. I also separated the returns so I have 2 going into the sump instead of 1. Scrubbed all the equipment clean and re-installed it.
0144-NewSumpRunning.jpg

I have a feeling I already told you this, but that nem doesnt look too hot. It absolutely should be that white. I would worry that the two clowns are going to end up love it to death because of their large size and its already poor health.

Plumbing looks great btw!

I have a feeling I already told you this, but that nem doesnt look too hot. It absolutely should be that white. I would worry that the two clowns are going to end up love it to death because of their large size and its already poor health.

Plumbing looks great btw!

I don't think it's a bta. I'm inclined to say it's a sabae anemone and if that's the case, it should be white. Either way, it looks perfectly fine.

Sebae being hosted. Looks exactly alike.
Amphiprion_frenatus2.jpg

It really could depend on lighting, angle, and settings of camera. Also I've seen some white ones that have done just fine. Based on the first pics my second thought was mini carpet... but I haven't seen any white ones. But I digress...

Last edited:
Back