d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Amba, you do need a light. You can see the silver home depot fixture hanging right over the mangroves. It's just a 5600k (or thereabouts) CF bulb.

7981344893_978ff7ff74_o.jpg

HOLY COW that is niiiiiiice!

I would really love to have mangrove trays on a separate rack outside of the tank, is that possible? Like plastic trays mounted on the wall with the light above them, and somehow irrigate the tank water through the substrate in the trays? I couldn't use any fertilizer then, but I could use mineral mud. That way I could have a ton of them, my sump is pretty packed and I don't really want to add another fuge. If I did it this way I could have 100 mangroves growing on the wall, absorbing waste from the tank water, without getting in the way. What do you think?

I would really love to have mangrove trays on a separate rack outside of the tank, is that possible? Like plastic trays mounted on the wall with the light above them, and somehow irrigate the tank water through the substrate in the trays? I couldn't use any fertilizer then, but I could use mineral mud. That way I could have a ton of them, my sump is pretty packed and I don't really want to add another fuge. If I did it this way I could have 100 mangroves growing on the wall, absorbing waste from the tank water, without getting in the way. What do you think?
I've seen something like that before. Do a search on reef central for mangroves. The setup I saw was pretty cool. A whole wall of narrow acrylic boxes.

Sir you setup just keeps getting better and better.....
Thanks! :)

Looks amazing as always! Can't wait to see the cabinets done around the tank. That is truly going to make this an epic build....not that it wasn't already!

Hold on to your panties, ladies..... d2mini and his giant stainless forceps just snagged another mantis! :D

He came out to eat when I fed the tank. Took two tries. Luckily he was still curious after the first try.

8206670041_2818081ca7_o.jpg

Back