d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Flying out Sunday for a Monday morning dive! :D

If you are talking about tomorrow for Sunday then you may have to wait till the afternoon to go diving if the weather remains the same as it says it will.

Bad rain till late afternoon. 50% chances everywhere around here. It rained real hard and bad lightning then poof it flew away. Frikin Florida has the weirdest weather usually and yeah the Gulf is not the place to be if a storm rolls through.

They said it should be coming from the Miami direction tomorrow I think so maybe you can sneak out there quick but I am sure Richard is already aware of the coming storm bwaahhahahaha...er I mean scattered showers.

I will say this though, early :chicken: in the morning it was quiet, then 11AM-12PM it was like real bad then it was frikin awesome at Bush Gardens(no sun and cool out) which is close to his house sort of. Well closer to his than mine.

Those pilots love landing in the rain over here! :x:

Stay safe duuuuuude :umbrella:

Like I said, monday morning dive (6am).

MONDAY
SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 KNOTS BECOMING WEST IN THE
AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS. BAY AND INLAND WATERS SMOOTH.

Looks perfect to me. Hopefully it holds! :D

It does look swell but isn't there a Tropical Storm storm near by?

I will keep my eye out but that does sound like great weather. It will just getting light out I think. I am normally not up at that time haha so it is always lights when I get up.

Sweet. There are a lot of great spots along the coast but I figure you are not goin to get to visit anything. One day you can come back and see it all and go to Orlando as well and feed the Dolphins.

Just amazing, both your old and your new aquarium. Pure inspiration. Please can you give us further information about your overflow? Dimension etc? is it noisy? Also, what’s the water level into the box? I am planning one like yours for my new cube an it would be very helpful for me your experience.

Could you possibly list out specs on what you used on your return line plumbing-wise? Including the pieces that feed water to the reactors. Mostly looking for grade, size and the names of the pieces.

Just amazing, both your old and your new aquarium. Pure inspiration. Please can you give us further information about your overflow? Dimension etc? is it noisy? Also, what’s the water level into the box? I am planning one like yours for my new cube an it would be very helpful for me your experience.

The overflow is dead silent. Not sure of the dimensions off hand, I'm at the tampa airport. :) I think it's around 6"x6". The water level is at the top of the downturned elbows, about half to 3/4 full.

Could you possibly list out specs on what you used on your return line plumbing-wise? Including the pieces that feed water to the reactors. Mostly looking for grade, size and the names of the pieces.

It's all 1.5" plumbing until the manifold which is 1" and then it drops down to whatever the reactor sizes are like 1/2". It's all schedule 80 PVC except for adapters and the sanitary tees on the drains.

I'm back from Tampa Bay Saltwater!
We had a FANTASTIC trip. Richard was an amazing host. We had a blast, even if we did get a little green out in the gulf with all that constant up/down. :disappoin But no one chummed!
The only bummer was the water was not clear that day especially with the cloud cover we had, so I couldn't see much in the water. Was hoping to be able to see Richard down there collecting while I was up top snorkeling but I could only see about 5-10' in front of me at the surface. But it was still an awesome experience.

Trying to go through all my pics so here's a few to start...

He're we are at the Marina, about 6:15 in the freakin morning.

2012081320120813L1006014TBSCF.jpg

Putting the boat in

2012081320120813L1006017TBSCF.jpg

Rick (another local reefer who went with me) and Richard from TBS

2012081320120813L1006020TBSCF.jpg

2012081320120813L1006022TBSCF.jpg

Here we are starting out... the bay was smooth as glass.

2012081320120813L1006028TBSCF.jpg

Looking back at the marina as it disappears.

2012081320120813L1006032TBSCF.jpg

Lots of Sargassum was floating out there so Rick was harvesting it and putting it in a barrel. A little extra stuff to take home.

20120813P8130005TBS.jpg

20120813P8130017TBS.jpg

2012081320120813L1006034TBSCF.jpg

6 miles out, now out of the bay and into the Gulf, this is Richard dropping.... anchor. :mrgreen:

20120813P8130010TBS.jpg

Throwing out bouys and nets for the rock collection.

20120813P8130016TBS.jpg

20120813P8130020TBS.jpg

And here's just some of the bouys that were floating out there
20120813P8130021TBS.jpg

And that's it for now!
More to come later as I process more pics...

Back