dcantucson's Zero Edge

Oh David. I liked you a lot more when your tank was just imaginary and I had the nicest looking tank in Tucson. Now my tank looks like, how did NDB so delicately put it last night..."hammered dog shit." Yep. That's what it looks like. Especially compared to yours. Good job, my friend. Good job.

:shock: HOLY $@*&!!!!!! :shock:

I can't believe there are PICS!!!!! :bounce:

You know, all this talk about your bomb shelter after seeing previous pics. But now I can see that your house looks really cool. The tank is great, but I want to see more house pics! :mrgreen:

Oh, and how the heck do you keep such a deep sand bed so clean? Mine always gets the funk between the sand and the glass.

You know, all this talk about your bomb shelter after seeing previous pics. But now I can see that your house looks really cool. The tank is great, but I want to see more house pics! :mrgreen:

I was going to ask for them too!! I think your house looks cool from what little is seen in the pics!

Oh David. I liked you a lot more when your tank was just imaginary and I had the nicest looking tank in Tucson. Now my tank looks like, how did NDB so delicately put it last night..."hammered dog shit." Yep. That's what it looks like. Especially compared to yours. Good job, my friend. Good job.

Thanks so much Biff. Mine is just now beginning to look good after that tank boil I had in July of last year. Your tank will rule again. I am sure of it. I'm just waiting for my next disaster. :death: :shock: :D

:shock: HOLY $@*&!!!!!! :shock:

I can't believe there are PICS!!!!! :bounce:

Oh, and how the heck do you keep such a deep sand bed so clean? Mine always gets the funk between the sand and the glass.

I was going to ask for them too!! I think your house looks cool from what little is seen in the pics!

Thanks guys.

That substrate is Red Sea Reef Base and is easily gently moved. It does not get cake like or clumpy like my sand did. It also is small enough to not let all the waste fall down in between the granules. It has worked out really well so far. I do gently move it away from the sides once every 2-3 weeks and wipe away the algae that forms on the acrylic. I am very careful not to stir up much at all. What little does get stirred up goes up and over the side to the sponge pre sump filter anyways. :Cheers:

Question! Did you post one pic per post so you could get even more posts?

How long has this tank been up and running for? Do you have any of the same fish you originally started with?

Question! Did you post one pic per post so you could get even more posts?

How long has this tank been up and running for? Do you have any of the same fish you originally started with?

No in the first picture there are two. I tried to post three but it left one off for some reason. So not knowing for sure how it works I just decided to post one at a time for what I thought would be more control. I was also afraid I would post the same picture twice, so....

I really don't keep track of my posts and don't really care about them, however everyone seems to get joy out of razzing me, so I'm happy to oblige.

The tank has been up and running for 2 years and 4 months now. As for the same fish I have one 2" Damsel that I started with. The 3 large Tangs I have now I've had about a year and a half.

No in the first picture there are two. I tried to post three but it left one off for some reason. So not knowing for sure how it works I just decided to post one at a time for what I thought would be more control. I was also afraid I would post the same picture twice, so....

I really don't keep track of my posts and don't really care about them, however everyone seems to get joy out of razzing me, so I'm happy to oblige.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

What was the first coral you got?

Several of the corals I transferred from my Red Sea Max. There are about 3-4 that made it threw my tank boil, but most died. The large clam made it thankfully. I started my Red Sea Max about 3+ years ago. It is now just a FOWLR tank.

GEE ZUZ Dave. The wait was so much worth it. Your tank and those pics are all phenomenol, really. You have some great shots for someone who just bought a camera and was afraid of it. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thank you all, but you're being way to kind. If you keep this up I may have to go over to Reef Central to get my ass busted again. :lol: :mrgreen:

Looks great David from the first time I saw a pic of your tank I have wanted one. Maybe someday I will. Now that I dont have that control all my money and spend it on quilting shit, around any more I am going to have a house full of reef tanks. I think my zero edge will have the place of honor in the middle of my living room. Well done my friend keep up the pics I cant see enough of them. :bowdown:

Back