dcantucson's Zero Edge

What a sad ending of something of such beauty. Knowing how much you love this hobby, it saddens me to see something so small do such harm. I hope you stay inthe hobby and continue. Sorry for the loss.

The tank has been cycling for two months and I completely re-plumbed the sump adding an additional check valve (three now) to the system. All check valves are in plain sight so they can be visually checked to make sure they are in working order. I am very confident that this failure and tank drain will not happen again. I have also added another smaller sump to the system which I have turned into a refugium.

Today I received some new fish. All Tangs. Very small fellows. A Yellow Belly Blue Regal. Yellow, Clown, Powder Blue, Naso Blonde, and a Purple. Here they are acclimating.

Last edited:
It's so nice to see some life back in your tank David! Congrats on the tank buffet you've added. They look awesome. Can't wait to see some more pics.

I'm curious if you had researched the clown tang before you added it. Not a good choice, IMO. They usually don't last longer than a few months in our tanks, and the ones that do survive require established, stable systems. They are one of those fish that no one really knows why they don't do well.

I'm curious if you had researched the clown tang before you added it. Not a good choice, IMO. They usually don't last longer than a few months in our tanks, and the ones that do survive require established, stable systems. They are one of those fish that no one really knows why they don't do well.

Oh yea, I absolutely agree Biff, you party pooper. :mrgreen: But I'm a risk taker, otherwise I wouldn't even be in this hobby! Let alone have a Zero Edge. :lol:

Looks like things are starting to come back together!!

I love it when a plan comes together. :)

Hannibal_a-team.jpeg

Back