Dr Marco's 125 experiment

doc...... go bigger :) blue spotted ray sounds cool.... and sharks of course! but hey i can respect your restrictions. im about to have to move my 180 through a window with only a couple inches if clearance. its going to suck

yeah. that is what I want to avoid, tight space moving. with a walk-out basement, I will have the space to get done what I want without worrying about space. I may have run into a problem though, driving through Vegas, we saw some great prices on condos. we want to retire near Vegas and it would be great to buy a condo now so it is paid off when we retire. if we go that route, I may have to wait even longer to get my big-ass shark tank. BTW, that is what my tank build will be called "Big-Ass Shark Tank Build".

-Doc

So, I went to a fish store up in SLC to check out their livestock and took these pics of an adult Koran to compare to what mine will look like. I also got a random shot of a blue-faced angel. Anyone that denies their beauty needs to have their eyes checked. I have two tanks just so I can one day have this:

P1050001.jpg

P1050002.jpg

P1050005.jpg

P1050004.jpg

P1050003.jpg

-Doc

just for the sake of knowledge, the Koran is about a foot long and the blue-face is more like 14-15. they are pretty big. Damn, I cannot wait til mine is an adult.

-Doc

awesome! I can't wait for lil gabriel to grow up. sweet pics. ban there is a blue face at my lfs right now. been there for a while. I almost wanna buy it. not only is it so beautiful, I know its not happy in a small 30 gallon bay at the LFS. soooooo beautiful

didn't notice that eel just chillin till I went back a second time and looked at the pics.... yeah that's right I had to look again

seeing them in person is just a treat. that tank is a 350 with an emperor, blue-faced, and koran angels and saddleback puffer all full grown. they also have that eel, two yellow jacks and a yellow tang. great looking tank. Alexander, we are in a league all our own with our angelfish. I have stared at those fish a lot in the past. I wanted to share today though

-Doc

I also got a shot or two of Cosine for Tangent to e-pleasure himself to. Here they are:

P1050008.jpg

P1050010.jpg

P1050014.jpg

P1050017.jpg

-Doc

oh yeah. my glass is really dirty, so the pics are really bad. One of these days I will take care of that.

-Doc

well I definitely love your soahal that was a great feeding pic.... and yes we are in a league of our own here... but I kinda like it that way. its like we are the few the proud without being in the marines haha.

don't worry. She is eternally faithful. She actually picks at them if they get too close. She took a huge hunk out of a new fish when he tried to get fresh. She also snapped off a part of the fin of the Koran for inappropriate flirting. She can hold her own

-Doc

oh, I forgot to add the new pics of my two new fishies. I had them on hold since before CHristmas, but picked them up yesterday. One is a cream angel, which in the same family as the Singapore angelfish and reaches a max size of 6 inches. It isn't the most stunning fish, but is unique and that is what I like about it. The other is called a blue-fin angelfish and is in the same family as the coral beauty. THey max out at about 3 inches. The cream angel got chased a bit by the Koran when he got in the tank, but now gets along with everyone. The blue-fin is a different story. He got his ass handed to him by Cosine, the pink-tail trigger. She opened up a can all over him and shredded his fins. I thought he was toast. Not sure if he will make it. It happened SO FAST. Needless to say, the blue-fin (nicknamed lunchmeat) hides quite a bit. Here are some pics

P1050011.jpg

P1050007.jpg

P1050006.jpg

-Doc

Back