Dr Marco's 125 experiment

doc- sorry you had to get rid of cosine. sad story, but it was for a just cause. will you post up a real good pic of the blue angel? I would like to see a rockin angel pic. its a toss up between another angel or a few atlantic blues. maybe I can throw in the question on the next talking reefs live and see if anyone has experience with that or anything close

I do not have experience with schools of tangs, never tried it. multiple angels, tho, that is where it is at. tangs are great, but you have your prize vlamingi already. I would get a queen angel. whoa, that would just rock your tank!!!

-Doc

I finally got a pic of the clowns in their nem in the 125. They seem happy in their new, old home

P1180008.jpg

I also picked up another mushroom rock. they look like fuzzy bullseye mushrooms, if that variety even exists.

P1180007.jpg

I also got a shot of an angelfish for Alexander. It is far from rockin' but it will have to do. It will look better when its fin grows back.

P1180011.jpg

-Doc

Wow Damn doc, that blows., about the Decision but it had to be done,

Redline, got to try the Tang school,
Have any of you seen Evan Almighty?
there is a scean in the movie where Evan is sitting in front of a Marine Aquarium and like 100 fish School over to him no matter where he moves,
they Flock, well when I stand infront of mine ALL my fish Swarm like that ... tangs have Tons of personality, School em.

Wow Damn doc, that blows., about the Decision but it had to be done,

Redline, got to try the Tang school,
Have any of you seen Evan Almighty?
there is a scean in the movie where Evan is sitting in front of a Marine Aquarium and like 100 fish School over to him no matter where he moves,
they Flock, well when I stand infront of mine ALL my fish Swarm like that ... tangs have Tons of personality, School em.

a school of tangs would be nice, but their colors can't match the queen angel. Get the angel!!!

-Doc

a blue would fit nicely in a 150, along with other angelfish if you so desire. when you add them, make sure you put them in at the same time and have different genus. trying to keep more than two in your tank will not be possible unless one is HUGE another is medium and one is tiny

-Doc

OK, so in an effort to try to improve this mess of a fish tank, I decided to follow some of Yote's sage advice and put up a black background in the tank....using posterboard. Yup, I feel like white trash, but I kinda like it. kinda makes me appreciate how (INSERT NAME OF PERSON TO INSULT) normally lives.

So, here are before, during and after shots:

P1190004.jpg

BEFORE

P1190005.jpg

ONE PANEL

P1190006.jpg

TWO PANELS

P1190007.jpg

FINISHED

-Doc

I'm totally stoked you did that.. both my tanks were painted black before they were setup. I put black background on my 36 at first and liked it so much I painted both my other tanks. black was a good choice I think its way better than blue

The black makes the fish stand out more

That Sohal is an Awsome Fish should he become too much for that tank I WANT IT!

Back