Grassman's 55 Gallon Reef

Awww well I hope it recovers! It's still an upgrade from the previous one!

Hate to say it Biff, but it didn't make it. The main vein was broken when it was dropped. Lyle is giving me another one. He's also got this huge rock of pink zoas for 50 or 35 if I trade him my small frag of them.

It's been a while, but lots has happened. My GTMs have split about 6 times since I got them. Here it is splitting again.
122-MushroonSplitting.jpg

I removed the scrubber since I couldn't get it to work and bought a Phosban Reactor.
123-PhosbanReactor.jpg

I'm running a 50/50 mixture.
124-Reacting.jpg

I picked up a new to me light fixture. It's a 36" 6 tube T5.
132-NewLights.jpg

Here's a long tank shot taken tonight.
161-LongTankShot.jpg

Looking good mate, been long time! Hows you?

Thanks Waddi!! I've been kinda busy. I've done a bit of fragging.

I'm doing good. Would be doing better if it wasn't so damn hot. I'm a winter guy!! Just got back from the cottage. It's one of my Mom's, but I call it mine since I do all the repairs to it. LOL! She still charges me rent though. :(

How's things with you?

Hahaha, yea dude im good!
My tank is coming along good, slowly but surely! Yours is amazing though mate!
But yea, im more of a summer guy, gotta hate clearing the snow! :D

Hahaha, yea dude im good!
My tank is coming along good, slowly but surely! Yours is amazing though mate!
But yea, im more of a summer guy, gotta hate clearing the snow! :D

I feed my corals cyclops weekly and do a little dosing for calcium, alk, and a little something for the zoas. The last 3 weeks has been the most growth with the new lights. I'll have to make time to look at your tank.

You guys get WAY more snow then we do. I have 2 snow shovels. I named them Thomas and Kristian!! LOL!!

Oh No!!! Kim & I went shopping today. We went to London for curtains for our daughters room, and this is what we came home with.

3 Headed Blue Ric and a coral I can't remember the name of even though I was told it 5 times.

180-NewCorals.jpg

2 Trochus Snails, 3 Cerith Snails, an Emerald Crab since both of mine have died, a nice 3 headed Blue Mushroom, and another coral I have no idea the name, but loved the way it looked.

181-NewInvertsandCorals.jpg

The Emerald Crab landed here out of the net, and started eating right away.
182-EmeraldCrab.jpg

My Blue Ric.
183-BlueRic.jpg

Blue Mushrooms.
188-BlueMushroom.jpg

Unknown Coral 1.
186-NewCoral1.jpg

Unknown Coral 2.
187-NewCoral2.jpg

My Trochus Snails.
184-TrochusSnail.jpg

185-TrochusSnail2.jpg

The Cerith snails went for a run under the substrate as soon as they hit it.

Back