IMG_9626_web.jpg

IMG_9627_web.jpg

IMG_9630_web.jpg

IMG_9637_web.jpg

IMG_9641_web.jpg

IMG_9643_web.jpg

IMG_9644_web.jpg

Awesome!

I have one XM 10k with 4 T5's. I started with Super Actinics and they weren't very blue and the XM is very white, so I had to switch two of the Super Actinics to Blue Plus. Just a heads up.

I just hooked up my temporary canopy today which is running 4 t5 actinics and 2 10k xm 150 mh and HOLY YELLOW...... you weren't kidding... This canopy goes with the temporary tank...but wow... much much warmer than I was expecting and than I like.

Finally something to report... My custom stand and canopy are finished! I am getting them tonight....

I'll post some photos once it is finished. I am also waiting on an update on the tank too...

The stand is gorgeous.. but....this stand is a freaking monster...

It is 42" high....which I didn't think was that high (I told him what size to make it) but now that I see it finished it is REALLY high.

What sucks is since I ordered this....I have decided to go for a shorter skimmer because it was making problems in the sump design. (which was the reason we made the stand so tall)

I think I am okay with the height now after I got over the initial shock ...but my wife is still adjusting.

There is no doubt that other than feeding to work on this I will need a step stool to do anything.

I love the cabinet itself...the finish is perfect...the hardware looks awesome.

I'll take some decent pics tomorrow when it is not so dark in there.

Now I am getting excited :)

Well I decided to post a quick camera phone shot of it... the light from the 58 (atinics) is reflecting and my pot lights are making for a weird color problem.... but overall you get the idea.

FYI - that is the canopy on top of the stand in case you are wondering ;)

newstand.jpg

The plan is to have both tanks running for a while. I plan to do the 14 day cycle on the 120g. After that is completed I will add in all the smaller fish and lps then in a few weeks move the sps, then put in the 3 tangs last.

Thoughts,

That is one tall stand but it does look beautiful!One of the reasons I went with a shallower tank and shorter stand was that I was tired of swimming with the fishes.

Congrats again.

Finally....I have a ship date on the tank from Miracles... it is shipping either on the 8th or 11th... not long now.

Also my sump is being water tested. So I should have that in the next few days too.

All I have left to buy is sand.... rock... and figure out what I am doing for supplemental lighting to go along with the 2-250mh 10k's.

Back