My First Reef Tank (29Gallons)

i got my light for 70 bucks cheaper, its 150 watt MH dual 24 watt atanic T5, and it will be here tmrw go to aquatraders.com

I'm still looking for lights I looked on aquatraders I saw a couple things but nothing I really liked.

I have a couple qeustions I was looking at fishneedit.com today has anyone ever bought from them if so how do you like the lights?

I dont really plan on keeping any sps in this tank so I dont think I will need really strong lighting. On fishneedit I saw a 2ft fixture of 4 t5s for $99. My old lights were 4 t5s but they were a 30" fixture that equals 96 watts total which is 3.3 a gallon. Is that enough light to different kinds of corals?

They also have a 150w mhl pendant for #139.99 which would give me 5.17 watts a gallon. I also saw where they had something that you can attach a 2 buld t5 fixture to that if you wanted to.

A 150w mhl isnt to much light for a 29 gallon is it?

Are these prices ok they seem like they are on a good sell right now? Are these good lights?

like i said i have all but killed biff, and yote on light questions and i am about to put a 150 watt MH dual 24 watt atanic t5s over my 20.. if you can hold out ill get you real pics of the one i ordered up and running tomrw night

like i said i have all but killed biff, and yote on light questions and i am about to put a 150 watt MH dual 24 watt atanic t5s over my 20.. if you can hold out ill get you real pics of the one i ordered up and running tomrw night

Ok thanks I have to wait another paycheck or two to get my lights any way so I will def check out pics. I would like to find something that has a mh and the t5s too, I looked at aquatraders I saw some mh and pc but no mh and t5. ill keep looking though

Im thinking about getting the 150watt mh pendant from fish needit what color temperature should i get they have 6700k 10k 14k 20k Im thinking about the 14k would that be the best?

color is really your preference. 10000K will give you the best growth but, will be really yellow. The higher you go the bluer your light will lookand the more the colors will seem to pop, I've got 14K and 15K on my two tanks and like the way they look.

well I order my lights i got the 150w mh pendant from fish need it, i like it because if i want to add t5s they have a clip that holds a 2 buld fixture to it on each side.

i also order my protein skimmer i ordered the OCT-BH-100SS but they emailed me and said they were out of it and they upgraded me to the OCT-BH-300 for the same price. Only paid $119.00 for it

Changed the rocks up a little again and you cant really see it but I'm starting to get a little purple showing up
DSCN0604.jpg

Last edited:
thankyou very much hopefully i can start to get some corals in it next week my lights are suppose to come in the end of this week

Back