Old Moe's 75g

Introducing... Irving ( son named him after Chugginton character Irving - Chuggington Wiki ) Irving is the cleaner of the town.

All seem very happy with the new Goby. Water has cleaned up very nice. few particles still floating around from him, but thats ok.

IMG_9216.jpg

The clowns seem to follow him around eating whatever they can.

IMG_9232_sm.jpg

IMG_9230_sm.jpg

Thanks!

now its on to... what's next....

I would like to get a Foxface, but still on the fence since they are listed as "with caution"

maybe 3 Chromis? but some seem to have trouble keeping them alive... and that would almost max out my tank.

Maybe a 6-Line?
Flame Angel?
Maybe Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse???
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse, Wetmorella tanakai

fun part is researching and figuring out what to get next. The new Goby is really cool!!!

Thanks for all the feedback!!!

I agree I absolutely love my FF. Any time I put nori in the tank he'll swim right up to my hand before I can get the clip on the glass.

ok, so just wanted to share some updates I have done lately... no corals or fish... maybe in a few weeks or so.

I removed the Cheato from the DT and put in in the sump... the cheato kept breaking up and strings would end up in my powerheads.

I used a floodlight from Lowes ( 5100K ), so far I can see the difference in growth. its only been a week or so. The only problem is,,, I now have a little bit of algae growing in my sump where I never had it before due to the light. I keep the light on about 18hours a day.

Second update... I FINALLY put the ATO in that has been sitting in a box for months and months... why-o-why did I wait this long... I LOVE IT!!!! makes life so simple. I got a petfood tub from Petco to use as the fresh RODI water resouvoir, it holds over 5 gallons so I only need to fill it once a week.

I hope to add some coral in the coming weeks and maybe a fox face in a month...

thanks for looking,

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Your tank's coming along nicely!

And your rocks have really come along. It's taking so long for to corallin to grow on mine! >.<

thanks. yeah. All of a sudden the coraline took off ( as you can see on my back glass )... I dont clean it, think I will just let it go.

That goby moves a ton of sand though... I cant believe the mounds this thing is making.

been really really bad about updating my build page.

Couple of additions since last update. I added a Foxface and a Leather Coral..

After I added the foxface to the tank, he went into hiding for about a day. Didn't see him really at all, except through cracks in the rocks. Took him about a week to come around and get acquainted with everything. He would sneak out.. test the waters then dart into hiding... He eats very well, and is very active.. Still darts off sometimes when I walk past but he is a very nice fish to look at.

The leather coral is really cool looking. Great addition to the tank.

Thanks for looking! ( Goby is doing his thing, so ignore the flakes of sand flying around :D )

New Foxface
IMG_9930.jpg

Close up
IMG_9924.jpg

New Leather
IMG_9927.jpg

Full tank view
IMG_9942.jpg

Thanks!

trying to be conservative and only add one fish every 2 months. Thinking about maybe a Blenny next.. but who knows,,, so many good choices out there for a 75g.

thanks again!

I can't believe it has been this long since I updated my build thread... my bad!

I enjoy reading everyone else's build... well here it goes...

No fish added since the FoxFace,,, so no changes there, tank is going very well... no real issues to speak of ( really no algea,,, just a little bit at the base of the leather,, thats about it ) so I think I am doing at least one thing right .. haha

I added a few corals will try to break down into multiple post so I dont blow up the server.

anyway, thanks for looking!

Some FTS

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

Back