Old Moe's 75g

Thanks!!!

After working on this for a few months now, I think keeping a marine aquarium is best summed up by Arnold Palmer.

“... deceptively simple and endlessly complicated;

it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening...”

- Arnold Palmer

I think that is the addiction.

Thanks!!!

After working on this for a few months now, I think keeping a marine aquarium is best summed up by Arnold Palmer.

“... deceptively simple and endlessly complicated;

it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening...”

- Arnold Palmer

I think that is the addiction.

I agree with this quote 110% :Cheers:

Dealt with building my sump and fixing the noisy overflow.

https://www.livingreefs.com/overflow-question-t37299.html#post514152
https://www.livingreefs.com/sump-overflow-t37367.html#post513206

IMG_7785-1.jpg

Did it work?

Oh, and what camera are you using?

Yes. Works very good. I have the return gated down a bit. The excess pressure and water goes right back into the sump ( right side in pic ) just an extra area intended for Cheato or something. The elbow is set to be half in water and half out of water, i get no bubbles at all. Pump is a mag 9.5

I am a canon guy... I know... Boo hiss from some here. Camera is a 7D. Most shots so far are taken with a 60mm macro lens.

I am a canon guy... I know... Boo hiss from some here. Camera is a 7D. Most shots so far are taken with a 60mm macro lens.

Do you think there's much difference between the 7d and the t2i? That's what I'm getting for Christmas. They're both 18 MP...

From what I remember there wasn't much of a difference. The 7d has a magnesium body and is weather resistant. Also I think the 7D has a different processor.. Otherwise both cameras are awesome, you will be very happy. I upgraded from an xti when i grew out of it. With cameras, always invest in a good lens when you can. There is a reason why some lens cost $100 and some cost $1,000...

Well, the Frogspawn did not make it after the Peppermint shrimp attack. It never bounced back.

https://www.livingreefs.com/frogspaun-cheato-question-t38280.html

I was at my LFS the other day and found a nice looking Frogspawn. It has 6 branches and each head is starting to split. Paid $100 for it... ouch..., but I think it was worth it since I will be getting around 12 heads after they completely split.

When I was taking a pic of the new coral... the clown fish wanted in the action and swam right in front of the camera... little hams.

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg

Thanks!!!!

couple weeks left, I think I will keep clicking away with my camera... having tons of fun so far.

Thanks Again!!!!

Been 3 months since we added the first 2 fish in the tank ( Pair of Clowns ), everything has been going great so we wanted to add another fish.

My list was:
FoxFace or a Goby

LFS didn't have a smaller FoxFace ( only ones that were about 5" or so.. seemed a little big to me )

We went with what they are calling a "Dragon Sand Sifter" actual name on Live Aquaria is a Sleeper Banded Goby

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Sleeper Banded Goby

We love this fish... from the moment it hit the tank, it started cleaning... clown were a little freaked out at first but now they seem to follow him around a little bit.

My question is:

and I knew it going into buying the goby... My tank is now cloudy with fine sand particles. I added a sock to filter it out, I will see how it works out.

I notice that in most LFS they dont use sand, they use something that looks like small rocks... is that stuff better for home tank vs sand? is that stuff safe for my new Goby?

thanks!

The sand will be fine, but it might take awhile for the little particles (that is what is making the tank cloudy) to settle down. This is normal when adding a new goby

Back