Samhain's 90 Gallon Reef

Skimmer is glued, siliconed, up, and running without leakage! Thank you so much for your help. The one part that was broken was a simple plumbing part that I picked up at Lowe's, and super glue/silicone fixed up the rest!

New devilish coral starting light acclimation. It's already starting to puff up a little! Weeee!

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

And a pretty snail
IMG_1023.jpg

Skimmer is glued, siliconed, up, and running without leakage! Thank you so much for your help. The one part that was broken was a simple plumbing part that I picked up at Lowe's, and super glue/silicone fixed up the rest!

Good deal. Glad I could help you guys out.

So sad. :( I was notified by LA that they accidentally took too many orders for the Lemonpeel Mimic Tang, so I won't be getting one tomorrow. However, true to LA's exemplary customer service, they are keeping the order open for two weeks. If, during those two weeks, they receive more tangs, They will notify me and send one out with no extra shipping charges. If, at the end of those two weeks, they still haven't received more tangs, I have the option to extend the order another week, or choose something else with free shipping. If I choose to extend the order another week and they STILL haven't gotten the tangs in, then they will just have me choose something else with free shipping. And until whatever the item is ships, they aren't charging me for that either. So for now, I'm just going to be getting the Devil's Hand Leather.. And I will definitely be keeping the order open for the full three weeks if necessary (unless they get in the white tail bristletooth, of course!). And if I don't get my tang, then I'm sure I'll be able to find something else in the incredible LA repertoire to bring home with free shipping......

Aww, that's a bummer :( I hope they get one in or else you get something else really cool with free shipping. In the mean time, nice pick up on the leather! Can't wait to see it puffed out fully!

So my husband comes home, and his first comment is, "Wow! What is that? It looks like it has a hard on!" My son calls it a flower..........

Well, the leather seems to be doing well. It's all puffed up and doing a stress shed, but the polyps are occasionally popping out. I hope that's a good sign......

Took the little guy to visit the Georgia Aquarium today. I was in awe of the beautiful reef tanks they have, especially the gigantic one. It was amazing to see the schools of tangs swimming around, as well as some of the beautiful fish that I've been admiring on LA, knowing I can't keep them in my tank. I could have sat in front of that tank all day, and tomorrow, and the day after that. Bryan got a kick out of watching all the fish swimming around, and he really liked watching the belugas playing. I am totally inspired. I only wish they would have had more coral in that gigantic reef. But I suppose with all the coral-eaters in that tank they could only have so many..........Funny enough, I was almost like a guide there in the reef exhibit. I was naming and describing all the fish for my son, looked up, and realized I had an audience of about 10 other people hanging on my every word. When they realized I noticed them, the little kids in the group started asking me questions about the fish in the exhibit. That was kind of neat!

I was at the Georgia Aquarium last Sunday for my BDay. If it doesn't get more reef geek than that then let me know what is! I loved their reef section but I was blown away with the "ocean voyager" side. HOLY MANTA RAY! Soooooo cool! I can't wait go take my unborn child their.

Just a bit of a photo update on my tank. Still can't get a decent pic of my Midas. He's a quick little bugger!

FTS
IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

PTS
IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

And my poor attempts to capture Neo on pixel....
IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

Just a few newer pics for today.

Xenia deciding to move off the frag. It's been looking great in its new location, and I've been seeing some growth too. So I guess it's happy where it is and is deciding to expand its horizons! (sorry for the hazy pics. camera is being stupid and I think I need to clean its lens)

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

Gracillaria and corraline growth in the tank. I hope that any future tangs I may add enjoy this little treat! It's cropping up here and there throughout the tank.

IMG_1112.jpg

Neo hiding in his bolt hole

IMG_1114.jpg

Happy zoas expanding their horizons too.

IMG_1116.jpg

Back