Altohombre's 46 Gallon Showcase Showdown!

I think it just needs some centralization, those rocks definately have a ton of character with really cool facets and coves/caves. It just looks a little spread out is all. I like it though bowfront tanks are some of my favorites. Maybe some base rock under the holey ones just to get them up a little maybe 3-4 inches?

Much better video. I like the way its set up maybe just take the corners up a bit its completely up to you, looks like a great start though

yeah I think I need some height on the right side. Never really thought too much about it before. Thanks for pointing it out.

I like all the little nooks and crannys in that rock.But I'm thinking like Ryan,Maybe build it up a little more to give you even more places to attach corals.

lol at Reef, they are the same aquascaping. Just a better video I did of it 30 mins later. This proves that sometimes things can look totally different depending on how good you are at a camera.

Was it really?

I thought the second one had more rocks on the end while the first the rocks was straight across.Hmmmmmm,I guess I wasn't paying attention.

nope I didn't change a thing. I think from my initial video everything looked quite low. The 2nd video showed more depth an angles. Next I am gonna install cameras on the fishes heads to give more of a fish eye view of the tank.

Hahaha! Yote made a funny.

Congrats on the new additions Alto. Look forward to hearing about them. Since it doesn't look like we'll be seeing them ;).

Ok if you had the decision to either buy a camera or buy fish/corals which one would you chose? Exactly!

I also just put an order for some 36" Nova Extreme Pro T5HO lights that are costing me about $300. So it was an expensive day.

If i had to pick between livestock or a decent camera, i would go with a camera for now...Yes, im being selfish. I want to see your new flame angel.

Keep going with the livestock. I have borrowed a camera before, but I do not know any reef keepers off hand who loan out their livestock. A little at a time, all the time, even if you have to buy another tank to keep it all in. Cameras do not grow, do not produce others of themselves and are not the purpose of reefing. I do not own a camera and have no future plans for buying one. Even if I did it would be a video camera, not a still camera. Polyps moving in the currents, yeah, that would be nice.

Back