Operation Nemo (Northstar24's 180g build)

Sorry for being such a tease, here are the photos

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

And here are a few of the fish, and a FTS

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Enjoy

And a video after I added Princess the Majestic Angel

Cool vid and nice pic ups. The favia looks AWSOME! I gotta see it in person, im sure the iphone pics arent doing it justice. That angel is so pretty, and BIG. They all seem to get along good tho.

Alright fellow Living Reefers - I need some feedback on my stocking list. I recently had a Majestic Angel that had to be pulled out of the tank because it developed a taste for clams, and I feel like my stock list is missing something - but I'm not sure what.

My current Stock list

Pair of Ocellaris Clowns (Dorrito and Cheeto)
YT Damsel (Spike)
Potter's Angel (Neptune)
Sailfin Tang (Pi)
Naso Tang (Pumba)
Kole Tang (Pucker)
Hippo Tang (The Fish Formerly Known as Dori)
Melanurus Wrasse (Sassawrasse)

Two questions, where am I at as far as stocking capacity for my 180? Judging by Skimmate collected and Nitrate tests, I have room for more

Since I have room for more, what should I add? It'd have to be bullet proof reef safe, I am NOT taking 200+ pounds of rock out of the tank again to catch a fish that's started buzzing corals or my clams

I had some chromis before, they picked on each other until only a single one was left. I forgot to put it on my stock list. I had a Lyretail Anthias but it didn't do well in my tank, I don't think it was getting enough to eat

With the ones you have, I think you might be ok adding an Achilles. The only tang that would worry me in your group would be the kole eye.

Its funny you mention that BL1, the Kole is the smallest of the tangs, but its the biggest prick in the tank by far. The Naso is the largest, and he's the most laid back fish in the tank. The Sailfin usually has an attitude with a new comer for about 10 minute and then he's over it. I dont think the Hippo ever has a clue as to what's going on, or if he does he doesn't care

The Kole has acutally chased the clowns back to their hosting spot, as well as chases the YT damsel around the tank once in a while too. He's definitely the boss fish

Yea I know when I was looking for a tank for my tank, everytime my LFS got a kole eye in, he always told me not to add the ones he was getting in because they were constantly picking on the other fish that would be in the tank with them.

I'm totally late to this party... but what about a trigger? My Niger would move my frags around if they weren't glued down well... but he was a model citizen other than that.

I've thought about a trigger, my wife loves the way they look. There are certain ones that are reef safe with caution correct? What is it that makes them potentially unsafe in a reef? I'm guessing they eat crabs once in a while, which I'm okay with. I have a ton in the tank, and my wife is not a fan of the fact that they ate most of the snails in the tank so if hermits have to be replaced once in a while I'm okay with that.

How are they with other fish?

Mine was awesome with other fish. I never had a problem with him bothering any of the other fish in my tank (I had a Tomini, a Sailfin, a pair of gold stripe maroons, an occilaris, an orange lined goby, a lawnmower, a snowflake eel, a flame angel and a lemonpeel).

He left all my crabs and snails alone (which is why I think they're "with caution"... they love the inverts). I also had a skunk cleaner he used more than any other fish in the tank. But if he saw my peppermints out, he'd munch on them.

Here is a 'cast of characters'

Blue Hippo Tang - The Fish Formerly known as Dory
Sailfin Tang - Pie
Kole Tang - Pucker (ryhme's with.... he's the boss fish of the tank)
Naso Tang - Bubba
Achilles Tang - No name yet
Ocellaris Clowns x2 - Dorito and Cheeto
Yellowtail Damsel - Spike
Melanurus Wrasse - Sassawrasse
Black Leopard Wrasse - Twilight
Potter's Angel - Neptune
Chromis - Larry (He didn't like Curly or Moe, he's the last of the trio)
Banngai Cardinal - Salt

Your tank looks great North. All your fish look super fat and healthy. I'm still loving that potter's too, one of the best ones I've seen.

Back