Sammy's 40 Breeder

Great pics!!! I love the aquascaping and the corals. Great job hunting down the good buys on livestock!

-Doc

Incredible tank Sammy,the zoos were amazing!!!!
I seen a few pics worthy of POTM there.Great job on the overflow,very professional looking.Lets hope the blenny doesn't get chopped up when the pump turns on.Be careful with the clowns hosting the goni,they are pretty delicate corals.

great pics sammy!!.beautifull zoas you have there..remember that when i take down my 20g your gonna make it a sump!!..so we will keep in touch for that!!

Amazing pictures, awesome tank! I can't believe you got such a good deal for all that stuff. I love your blue ricordea rock and zoas the best.

Thanks to all guys. I hope the blenny never gets chopped by the koralia. The koralia always turns on with the light timer so when the lights are off he is never around... he's hiding in his rock (actually the same with the midas blenny) that i'm amazed how they even swim together without fighting. I love the midas but he's camera shy. Lets see if I can take a nice pic to show it to you guys. About the clowns hosting flower pot, I already moved the flower pot to my fuge because i was thinking that they could harm the coral. So now its a shame its not in display but he has a lot of space to extend his tentacles and enjoying the nice slow/med flow :D

Thanks Fishbait and Lion. Yes the overflow was made from scratch. It was fun! I love DIY. Lion, just make sure they're not off with lights ON because probably they are more active and can rest in it.

Oh, I forgot... I just ordered an R2 Moonlight so I hope i get it this week :D can't wait. Also ordered an Alkalinty test since I started dosing a Brightwell Product that comes in two parts (A/B) to increase calcium and alk levels and I need to test it to prevent over dosing. I made a little upgrade in my sump and i;m using now a filter sock that incredibly removes a LOT of dirt! I'm amazed how much detritus my tank produces. I have to clean it every 3-4 days because it clogs. Its a pain but the water is now super clear. Even the skimmer is working better. Hopefully someday when I have some money will do a new bigger sump with the prop compartment in it. Its ridiculous how much effort I put in sumps for friends and other people and I just have a 20L Sump. This is the last job that I've done. Hopefully mine will look something like this but smaller... This one's 40G Sump
CIMG1234.jpg

thank you all guys. It took me two 12 hours days lol. It was killer but its worth. The owner was very happy with it. I really wanted to steal it for me. Here are some ugly pics taken with my cel phone cause my camera died. This is the new MontiCap I got. Finally the Midas Blenny gets out of the rock and is not shy anymore.
11-25-07_2145.jpg

11-25-07_2146.jpg

11-25-07_2147.jpg

Thanks guys. Lion remember I'm from FAR away and I bought it locally at a plastic/plastics store. A whole panel (8'x4') costs around $95. Like Yote said, usually glass shop have it or can find it. I think I heard about a online store that sells acrylic cut to size and they even ship (I think small pieces) You can also find acrylic at Home Depot or Lowes. The glue is a little hard to find. Its called Weld-on #3 or you can use #4. Theres also a #16 but is a gel to seal edges. Actually I don't like to use it. I try not to use it unless theres a big Leak that i cannot solve with the #3.

Back