Sammy's 40 Breeder

Thanks guys! I'm very happy with this save. Anybody have an idea about the coralline? I don't think that i can brush it or something because i will damage the tissue growth but will it suffocate or something the coral?

I doubt it will bother the coral any at all.
Given enough time the acro will probably grow over top of the coraline.

don't worry about the coralline. It will be fine. The coral will win and will not suffer at all. GREAT pics. I loved the zoas!

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Thanks Dr Marco. If this happened in less than a month i wonder how will it be in 3-4 months. I can't wait to see it completely recovered. After a few month hopefully I can frag some to trade and get some new sps. I'm very pumped with a video I saw about fraggin corals. Its awesome to see some not commonly fragged corals. Hey Marco I have some of that green zoas in my prop tank and they grow like crazy! I'm making 3-5 polyps frags and within 14 days theres like 3-4 new polyps. Anyways, heres the video for those interested.. Hope you'll have an hour to watch this. It's worth the wait for the buffer :P
http://www.wax32.com/videos/borneman.wmv

anytime you want to pass those on to Utah, please so right ahead. They are magnificent.

sammy that flowerpot picture is amazing. looks like you would have some good pics to sift throught for the october pic of the month. looks like things are coming along nicely for your tank

sammy that flowerpot picture is amazing. looks like you would have some good pics to sift throught for the october pic of the month. looks like things are coming along nicely for your tank
Thanks, i was thinking the same but i was looking around the site but i need to get to know it better. I couldn't find where to post/send pictures for the contest.

Hi guys. I have noticed that my two BIG red leg hermit crabs have been yesterday All Day Long over my big SPS Corals. One is in my encrusted monti and the other in the elkhorn. I don't know what they found interesting there but i'm afraid they can stress or harm the coral. I knock them down with a stick and in a few minutes they're again over them. They slept last night there too. Is it bad for the coral? Should I leave them do their thing or should I get rid of them? They're like 1"~1.5". Thanks

if there are left to irritate the coral, it will not open up. Eventually it will die. No harm right away, but if you notice them on the same coral for more than two days, and they keep going back, get rid of the crabs.

Hey everyone, Its been a while since I show any update. ere are some pics with a few new things. I bough from a local reefer who was quitting of the hobby a few thing for an incredible price tough. I bought all this:Large Ocellaris ClownLarge Royal GrammaMed Bi color BlennyMed Midas BlennyScooter BlennyHuge Blue TangMed Yellow TangMed Yellow Head JawfishMed Lawnmower BlennyMed Fire Shrimp45 Lbs. of cured Live RockAll this for $100 what you think? lolI already sold obviously the blue tang, the yellow tang and the lawnmower blenny. I want to get rif of the Jawfish and definitely want to keep the beautiful Midas Blenny, the bi Color, Scooter and the clown. The Yellow Tang appears in a few pics but don't worry its not there anymore. Hopefully he's in a big tank where he cas swim a lot :D I also made a new overflow box because i really don't like the look of the regular clear box that ands up brown. I don't feel to empty the tank to silicone a rounded corner overflow so I just made a rounded black adjustable overflow. Anyways here are the pics, I think they talk by themselves.
DSC05404.jpg

DSC05399.jpg

DSC05407.jpg

DSC05408.jpg

DSC05410.jpg

DSC05411.jpg

DSC05415.jpg

DSC05418.jpg

DSC05420.jpg

DSC05425.jpg

DSC05426.jpg

DSC05427.jpg