Sammy's 40 Breeder

Thanks guys! I really found nice prices tough in all corals so I couldn't just let them there :P The frags were from a LFS about 1.5 hours from home but its worth the trip. PR is very small I have around like 8-10 LFS and all of them around 20 mins maximum from home.

Here are a couple of new pics and some plans of the new fuge that I'll be building soon. The new Fuge is 32"x16"X16" It will have 4 compartments (intake with 200 micron filter sock + skimmer, Prop. area, macro compartment and return pump compartment. The prop. and macro compartments will be lighted with a 150W MH
New Sump Design

refugiomionuevo.jpg

Rendered:
2-28.jpg

FLower Pot
DSC05098.jpg
Torch
DSC05099.jpg

I'm very happy this acro is doing so well.
DSC05101.jpg
DSC05102.jpg

New Encrusted montipora with purple polyps
DSC05105.jpg
DSC05106.jpg
Ricordea
DSC05107.jpg

TOP Down

DSC05111.jpg

DSC05114.jpg

DSC05119.jpg

DSC05117.jpg

DSC05121.jpg

DSC05122.jpg

whoa. How did you get such clear pics? I have been farting around with my wife's 10 megapixil camera and I cannot seem to get anything close to the clarity those pics have. Just fabulous. Those super-detailed up close pics are incredible. Keep them coming.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

lol Thanks guys. I'm just playing a lot with my camera settings. Its a Sony Powershot T7 (5 Mega pixels) I wish i have a standard full manual camera. I played a little with my friends Canon Rebel and its so freaking awesome. Let me see if I can borrow his camera again and upload some pics. They're like 10x better than this ones.

Amazing pictures! I still haven't figured out how to get nice pics with my camera, I'm reluctant to start messing around with the manual settings, but I may have to if I want pictures like yours.

I don't know if I posted some pics of a "bleached/dead" acropora that i bough about a month ago but anyways check this out. Sounds kinda nonsense but I decided to put it in the overflow box because theres a lot of flow there and since its in the top of the tank its also exposed to a lot of light. Somehow the acro just started to create new brown tissue and has three spots with green tissue already. the color is awesome so I hope that it covers completely. Other thing I noticed is that it opens a few polyps so looks like its doing good so far. Here are some pics before and after:
Before:
DSC04955.jpg

DSC04956.jpg

After:
DSC05175.jpg

DSC05179.jpg

DSC05178.jpg

DSC05176.jpg

It also has some coralline that started to grow over. Is it bad? What can I do? I just decided to put it in another place in the tank. A high flow area but not that high to see how it goes. Oh Biff the candy cane is doing great!! I just loose a head and it wasn't completely dead. looks like its going to recover. I even had new ones and the old one are Huuuge. At night they all open very nice. I'm very happy with this.

Good job bringing that acro back to life! I have a few bleached ones, and I am just leaving their skeletons in the tank, because with time, some of them do come back. It looks really good. It's probably happy that you saved its life ;).

Back