Sarah's new 60 gallon!

Also, I am now having quite a bad hair day. It's thrown off everything. How can I focus on reports when my hair looks like this? And I had to do my makeup by candlelight. Do you have any idea what that looks like??

Hee hee, If I posted pics of myself today you'd quit laughing pretty quick there Smitty!
I'm crossing my fingers and I just know I'll have good news to post later. And, if not, I'll post pics of my hair to make us all laugh thru the tears.

Whew, I raced home and lights are on, heater is on, fish are a-swimmin'. Hair is still at threat level 2. Thanks for caring guys. You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Going to the fish store tonight, feel like adding some snails. And something else. Maybe a little goby. Or something. Will post pics. Of my tank. Not of me.

Whew, I raced home and lights are on, heater is on, fish are a-swimmin'. Hair is still at threat level 2. Thanks for caring guys. You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Going to the fish store tonight, feel like adding some snails. And something else. Maybe a little goby. Or something. Will post pics. Of my tank. Not of me.
WTH, we were concerned about the hair as well.

If all else fails throw that mane of hair into a big messy bun! Lol that's what I do. Glad to hear all is well. Hopefully your chromis aren't afraid of prolonged darkness Haha

Hi Sarah,

The pictures of your tank look great. I have a 60 gallon just like it and was considering getting the Marineland Reef Capable LED's to replace my PC light and wanted to find out how the LED's were working out for you. My only concern was how deep the 60g's are, but from your pictures it looks like it's getting good light all the way to the bottom. I have the ML Reef Capable LED's on my 36g BowFront and really like them, but I too wish you didn't have to turn the blue's on/off manually to create the dawn/dusk effect, a second power cord would have been a nice addition to the light fixture. Your comments on how well they are working on your 60g would be appreciated. Thanks. :Cheers:

Hi Mike and welcome to the site!
Personally, I love my led set.
I have a duncan coral on the bottom that is very happy, I have zoas, mushrooms, and palys. The duncan, mushrooms and palys I've had for 6 months in the biocube and, let me tell you, they are all much happier in this lighting. My duncan has sprouted additional heads, my palys look huge now. My zoas are newer additions but they look happy. I will post some pics tonight, I know I've been slacking but I was waiting for a really good hair day to take pictures :)
I do feel like the light penetrates all the way to the bottom, very much so. I agree with you about the second cord.
So, I'm very happy with how they've been doing, although, let me tell you, it is never my intention to get nems or sps corals. They just don't interest me so when I bought this set and people told me the potential limitations of keeping those under it didn't bother me.(tho, I've seen plenty of you tube people who have larger tanks and these lights and more demanding species)
How long have you had your led set? You keep any corals?

Thanks for the quick reply. I've had my LED's on the 36g for about 6 months and really like them. I must admit I'm more into the fish but have been adding a few corals to my 36g and 60g in the last few months. I have a few polys, zoas, green star, colt, mushroom and a leather between the two tanks. Just put a green star frag from my 60g in the new 180g but that's all I have in there as I'm mostly spending my money on fish for that tank right now.:sfish:

I think I'll go with the LED's for the 60g as soon as I can afford it. Thanks again for the quick reply.

Took some tank pics tonight!

Attachments

• Tank set up 057.jpg
    Tank set up 057.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Tank set up 055.jpg
    Tank set up 055.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 273
Back