Reef's 210g. Journal

How could I get in trouble,you're the one who posted the baby flippin' a bird.I see the mods deleted it.

I'm still searching for some good rocks.I will prolly order some Lalo rocks from the 2Doc's and some Uaniva from Salty Critters on Monday or Tuesday.

I just wanted to let you know that this is helping me a lot. Seems like it's about the same as setting up a smaller tank except on a larger scale. I'm learning quite a bit. It's looking good so far. I've been wondering how you transfer the stuff from you smaller tank to this one?

Piggy,
I'm going to let the 210 cycle with 100lbs of live rock first.Transfer the 120lbs of live rock and the sand from the 75 to the 210.Its may start another mini-cycle.Keep my fish and corals in 2 10g, QT for how ever long it takes to return to normal,add fish and corals over a period of a week or two.I probably being overly cautious but all well.

Last edited:
im planning on moving the sand from my 36 to the fuge on my 80.... do you think this will potentially start a mini cycle too? or shoud be fine?

Red you should be fine..... I transfered all the sand and rock from my 55 to my 75 without a mini cycle. BTW freak, of course we want to see sand and water pics!

Here are pics of the tank all cleared up.I use some of the pics to show progression for anyone who doesn't want to go back to the beginning.I'll do that after I add the live rocks though.

Here's the daylight,actinics then full lighting.
210016.jpg

210025.jpg

210021.jpg

Some more views
210022.jpg

210009.jpg

P8251144.jpg

210008.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looking good. Got a question hope you don't mind. What are he two things one on the right and one left by the powerheads? Hope you don't mind my questions I'm new at this.

Thanks everyone

Yote,I should have some rocks by Wednesday.The LFS has new rocks coming Tuesday.If not or they aren't looking to good then its online for rocks.

Piggy,
those are the two overflows that brings water to the sump.When you hear ''reef ready'' than those have built in overflows.Most of the water is drawn from the surface but if you look at the pics,it draws some water from the middle and lower parts too.

so what happens when power go out usually overflows only over top and sump should have enough room so when power goes out tank can only drain so much at top then stops and sump has enough room to hold that xtra water in case that happens. Have you tried this by cutting power to tank to make sure you do not overflow and make a big mess.

Back