Reef's 210g. Journal

Same principle as having only the overflow gills at the top.Once water gets below the gills on the top parts,the flow stops.I've done several test with the power off and the sump only fills additional 2-3 inches.

ill have to test that with my 180 once all the water stops seeping out. we spilled lots in the move haha. but one of the reasons I got the tank is because he had a 15 gallon flood. :eek: hopefully I will have the same luck as you and c0an get it set up right.

Yeah,make sure you test for flooding issues,Turtlewreck.

Thanks Joey,the water all cleared but no life.:sniffles:

I ordered Lalo live rock from Liveaquaria.I never ordered rocks from them.Hopefully it will be colorful.I'll have pics up tomorrow with those rocks.

I'm planning on ordering live rock from Live Aquaria too. But their "large" Fiji rocks... It's $3/lb including shipping, can't beat that.

I'm planning on ordering live rock from Live Aquaria too. But their "large" Fiji rocks... It's $3/lb including shipping, can't beat that.

I saw that earlier,you're right-excellent price for 50lbs of premium Fiji.I thought about mixing the Lalo and Fiji rocks together.Did you order them already?I was hoping for some pics and if you like them or not.

I haven't ordered them yet. I'll be ordering them in the next month or so. "The Big Move" (from my 55 to my 240) is happening this weekend. Once things settle in the new tank, then I'll go ahead and order the new rock... It'll have to cure in my dining room though! Yay!

has anyone actually ordered rock online? do they overnight it wrapped in wet newspaper or is it covered in water? if just wrapped, do the hitchhikers survive well?

Last edited:
Biff,that doesn't do me any good.I wanted to see the Fiji rock now!!!!

I ordered all my rocks last time online from Saltycritter.comTheir Uaniva is some of the best looking rocks I've seen.I ordered from Liveaquaria this time to see if there Lalo rocks are as nice.The Uaniva was doubled bagged with wet newspaper inside a syrofoam container,shipped overnight.The only hitchhiker was some macroalgae,tiny brittlestars,bristleworms,pods and stomatella snails.I ordered the cured instead of the uncured.I sure there are more hitchhikers with the uncured.

Biff,you think you're update was a snoozer...here's mine!

The Lalo live rock arrived.I only bought 30lbs to see what they look like.So far,I like them......much more colorful then the white rocks from the LFS.I may go ahead and order 2 more 30lbs boxes or try the 50lb box of Fiji Premium.I believe they will color up nicely in a couple of months.BTW,the shipping label read 36lbs so its good that they actually send you 30 full pounds instead of the usual 30lbs including packing/water.

What do you think?Give you're honest opinion.....
The unpacking ritual
210030.jpg

210031.jpg

210033.jpg

210041.jpg

210042.jpg

This one was to big and heavy for me to hold.I love the shape.
210046.jpg

210048.jpg

210050.jpg

I don't know if I should order more Lalo or Fiji.I sure wish you would go ahead and order the Fiji so I can see what they look like.The Fiji is the same price but you get 15-20lbs more.If it looks almost as good,it would be worth it......decisions,decisions.

nice rock, i would mix it up some freak, get some fiji in there also, plus i got some stuff called kahlini rock i think its called and it is some nice rock also.

Well okay. You guys convinced me to get rock sooner than I had planned. I got paid today. So I will be the guinea pig and order that Fiji from Drs. Foster and Smith tonight. I know, I know. I'm a sucker!!! ;)

Back