Stag's 125 Gal v 2.0

I don't know if a mag 9.5 will be too much for the return, but I could use the 9.5 for the return that has to travel the longest given the tall stand. I might go with 2 7's and sell the 9.5. Can't decide yet.

But I am getting my sump today (finally) and will be building that out tonight.

you can alwys use the 9.5 and if its to much put a split in it to use for a reactor or something of that nature. if I get another overflow box I might bump up my pump and do that so I can get rid of my 2 reactor pumps.

I decided im going to go with 2 9.5's due to the head flow, because with my height it will be around 750 gph for the returns and maybe a little less.

Finally picking up the sump tonight, and ive got tomorrow afternoon off so im going to finish the sump if I haven't finished it and get my returns and standpipes done.

Pics will be coming shortly

Update:

Sorry I haven't posted anything, tank took a backseat this week. Had to go to an unexpected funeral yesterday for one of my friends ive known for a while. So didn't feel like doing anything this week.

I got my sump tank, its all clean and planned out. Might cut the acrylic tonight and if I have time put it in.

Just ordered the Neptune controller system, going to get that thing hooked up before I get it up and running. Will be getting the tank ready this weekend so I can start adding water next week.

Figured out how to hang my lights, 3 Ecoray 112D LED's. They are going to be sitting 15.5 inch above my tank.

I have to clean out my GFO and Carbon reactor and get that screwed into the stand.

Will have pictures soon, I promise.

Update:

got the sump done, its a little more cleaned up now after the picture was taken. Not the prettiest thing, but hey if it works I could care less.
9535786724_f7dd839ef3_b.jpg

9532967023_bfb07ee2c8_b.jpg

9535724002_82bb258e13_b.jpg

How big is that sump refugium. Couse those baffles look short. How tall are the baffle i would think you would want to use up a bit more space in the sump for water so that you have more water volume. But like i said cant tell from the pictures how high those baffles actually are.

Got everything put together plumbing wise, just gotta glue it all together.

Im going to glue it all either tomorrow or thursday and put up supports for the pipe as well. Then im going to hang my GFO and Carbon reactor and get that ready to go, then organizing and hooking everything up into my APEX and FINALLY filling it up. Should be running in a few days.

9609794213_19e5da3162_b.jpg

9613041908_7e77ecf4c3_b.jpg

9613055316_87a7bee125_b.jpg

9609834111_26be1957c8_b.jpg

im using flexible hosing to hook my 2 mag drive 9.5's into the PVC. I decided to do this so I could have a little more flexibility (pun intended) with the pumps in case I needed to move them or anything along those lines.

Gotta get the 2 vortech mp40's hooked up. Will be getting the APEX controller to also be able to control those. Then I have to get the lights hung, 3 EcoRay 112d's that will be sitting 15 inches above the water. And finally ill have to figure out how to install my Genesis Water change and ATO system up.

I bought the beamworks led fixture for mine. Not sure how reliable it will be as it was only like $50 on ebay but it is hella bright and being LED, its energy efficient.

I bought the beamworks led fixture for mine. Not sure how reliable it will be as it was only like $50 on ebay but it is hella bright and being LED, its energy efficient.

Yeah im not looking for anything crazy, going to put chaeto and mangroves in there and that's it.

Tonight and this weekend gotta organize all the electronics down there and then have to figure out how to fit the genesis water change system in there. I think ive got it figured out, but we will see.

Well the system is full of water, just need one more bucket of water to finish it off.

Will be adding that tonight so she will be running 24/7 and will try to get my ATO and water change system installed tonight as well.
Getting use to the APEX and getting it all figured out. Making a little platform for my Protein Skimmer since its got a tad too much water in it.

Been super busy and sick as well so this will be a slow one. Trying to decide where to get my rock and sand and such.

So I think the 2 9.5's is a little much, when I run 1 it runs just fine but 2 makes the pumps push out air and my return drains cant handle it.

Might just do one return right now.

Hey everyone,

Been a while since ive been on here, but a lot has been going on.

Been working on a career change. Currently in the middle of Real estate classes and will be doing that full time starting Jan 1st. The tank has been sitting there running and nothing else, so probably going to drain it right now and start it up probably spring when I have real estate going and have a little more of a income.

Ill hop back on here and stay around.

Back