5.5 Gal Nano Wennerae Mantis Tank!

ya ima give it a day to mix a bit then i have a mini ball valve i will put on the rio 600 to slow the flow some

Just let it all settle and then u will see where the flow is going. U can always change the flow with a lil chunck of LR. Do u have a piece of LIVE ROCK to seed that rock u have?

ya i have rubble from my fuge on my 56, i tossed some in already so it can start doing its thing. its in the top of the fuge part of the tank

fishstuff5005.jpg

fishstuff5006.jpg

tank is all clear ill fix the flow thing a bit later

thanks for the kind words from everyone its been a fun build sofar. the tank only had a mini cycle so i got a turbo snail for the tank last night and gave him some seaweed to chow down on, he should be alright with this small of a mantis i think. ima keep testing the water to make sure nothing pops up but i might get a Blue Damselfish later this week to help make sure the tank is 100% rdy for the mantis in 2-3 more weeks. dont wory the fish wont be food for him ill move him to my reef tank where he can live as long as he dosent get to agressive. i had one a long time ago and liked that they changed color with there mood light/dark blue.

also the fixture for the scrubber light isent working so im trying to trade it in for a new one. so no updates on scrubber progress yet lol

Awesome tank man, I'm planning on doing something very similar, overflow/scrubber wise, with a 35 g in a few weeks. How do you remove the algea screen for cleaning?

Mine is just ziptied on, so i just cut the zipties to remove, and then put it back. I wish i could find some rings i could just clip on and off. I need to check out an arts and craft store

kev ill take better pic's tomarow but look at the topright of the pic. i made a loop for the ziptie and it just slides around the slits in the baffels so i can just slide them on or off (it also acts as a screen because i dont want the mantis to crawl into the overflow parts)
fishstuff5006.jpg

Last edited:
Back