5.5 Gal Nano Wennerae Mantis Tank!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV2DdixEzfM]YouTube - Pwn's 5.5 nano mantis tank build[/ame]
a quick video of the build with a video of it running at the end

i think its worse having the tank setup because its good to go i just have to wait on the cycle there isent anything else i can build to get it rdy lol ima try adding some zoas in a few weeks to see how they do

Yea just keep an eye on the param's is all, dont waste any money...could always just throw a frag from your reef in there. Thats the cool thing about having multiple tanks...my mantis tank was a acan hospital till i could get my pep shrimp out lol and it worked because the acans have bounced back from near death.

lol ya i got a frag on bit of lr rubble im letting grow on my frag rack. my pepermint shrimp atr 3 heads of frogspawn but they all died when my power whent out a few months ago, im never going to buy them again lol i just dont know how they will do with the light on the tank. i dont plan on ordering my mantis untill my scrubber kicks in. maby someone will get one as a hitchicker near by that i can get if im lucky :)

OK so i just glued 2 types of zoas to the rock and I am going to see how they do, it’s still a very empty tank but that’s alright! I’ve got to say i think this will be a very easy tank to take care of, i probably won’t do water changes on this tank since i really don’t need to with the scrubber all i do is put a cup or 2 of fresh filtered water in the tank every 4 days or so for evaporation but I’ve been surprised by how little water evaporates with this setup. Honestly this would be an amazing setup for an office tank since all you would need to do is bring in a water bottle of water for it 2 times a week and keep a bucket and something to clean the screen once a week. At this point I think I will order the mantis sometime towards the end of the month maybe I will get lucky and find someone with a hitch hiker they don’t want.

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

Some quick snapshots of the zoas i added to the tank if these do well ill add more

Thanks for the update. I was showing this thread to my girlfriend, and she has agreed that it is an awesome set up......so once I get the 65 gallons cycle going I have a new project to work on. The 120 gallon can sit empty for awhile.

I wouldnt mind one of these on my work desk as well :)

lol thanks, if you did wana get one of these i could send you the cad plans i did for the baffels and the name of a place that will laser cut it for like $35 that was probaly the hardest thing to find for this tank.

Ok so i grabed a chromis for this tank just to make sure its safe for the manits b4 i get him (dont worry he wont be food, he will have a home in my bigger tank when i order my mantis). also i picked up 3 hermits these guys might be food on the outher hand untill i can get the shrimp use to me to eat off a stick.
IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

OK so the order is in for the mantis shrimp from TBS i waiting to hear from them to know 100% the ship date but i ask for friday since ill be able to get out of work on noon that day. I caved by like a week lol but this tanks been setup for like 7 weeks or so now scrubbing for 5 weeks tomarow. so cant wait to see what the new shimp looks like i will have to think of a name for the little guy or gal!​

its a Wennerae Mantis and its from tbs, i asked for a more lime green one if they have it but i think most of his are they brick red color from the depth he gets his rock from so i will have to wait and see. no big deal 6-12 months and he will be lime green from molting/lights

So here is the email I just got from Richard “I went to get more mantis shipping boxes…they were out..will not have them until wed. they tell me…..so as I get them will advise! Sea ya” kinda sucks since I took off early at work to pick it up.

Back