HeavyHittah's 75 Gallon Reef Build! Be Excited, I Am...LOL

these are the far sides i was telling you about
0311091348.jpg

0311091349.jpg

after i decide what to do with about those gaps/using that duct tape grey part, the next step will be to kilz all the inside (posts,floor,back of doors,etc.) and maybe put a couple of coats of pulyur. over it. sound like a good plan? any suggestions?

daugherty, you dont think the lining would work? the only reason i ask is because i wouldnt have to go out and buy drywall mud

Stand is looking great. Good idea to seal all the holes so water won't get under the stand. Can't wait to see the finished project.

I would just pick up a can of that expanding filler stuff. I think its called "Great Stuff". Or use anything else you may have around the house that will fill the whole.

I would guess your only goal is to not have a hole that could leak water spillage to the floor before you can clean it up.

well Dustin i thought i did but then i lost my job.so i started this build thread with the stuff i had already so i could at least get going on some things, but as far as getting wet i don't know. i guess once i get another job the progression will speed back up. and trust i am desperately seeking another job but its hard in South Carolina, our economy is definitely JACKED. but im trying to keep my head high. anyway once i know, ill let you guys know.

DAMN MAN.Hate to hear about you job.
Aint no better in N.Ga. though.They cut us from 80 hours a week down to 40.And been on 32 hours for the past month or so.

Sorry to hear about you loosing your job. Good luck on finding a new one, it's tough out there but hopefully you can find something soon.

I'm sorry to hear about your jobs :(

It doesn't help that a few of the governors in the hardest hit states are refusing their states' federal recovery money. I know even though the recovery bill was only signed recently, at my work we've seen a HUGE boost just in the last week from government and commercial entities starting to spend the money they received (since my firm relies mostly on construction, we have a lot of private and government contracts). I can't believe some governors are refusing to accept money that is creating tons of jobs and WORKING in states where the governors did accept it, like mine!

I'm sorry to hear about your jobs :(

It doesn't help that a few of the governors in the hardest hit states are refusing their states' federal recovery money. I know even though the recovery bill was only signed recently, at my work we've seen a HUGE boost just in the last week from government and commercial entities starting to spend the money they received (since my firm relies mostly on construction, we have a lot of private and government contracts). I can't believe some governors are refusing to accept money that is creating tons of jobs and WORKING in states where the governors did accept it, like mine! Whether you agree with the bill or not, I think it's insane to turn down funds whose purpose is to get people working ASAP in this type of economy.

So i put my tank on the stand just to see how good of a job i did. But the tank has the slightest rock to it when i check how level it is. Maybe 1/16 inch, probably not that. So do i just wait to the stand is finished and put a shim btw the tank and stand or do i add a board to the top and put a shim btw the tank and board. I figured the board would cancel any other possible pressure points but you guys might know better.

Dont trust the stand if it dont sit level and steady.
Theres a lot of weight gonna be sitting on top of it when you get that tank full of water.And if its not level,its going to shift the pressure more toward the lowest point.The extra stress on one end could cause a tank failure.
Figure out where the problems at,then shim the bottom to fix it.

well i got a new job with Carmax, with no help from Gov. Sanford, so everyone stay posted. I start monday. I cant wait to get this thread going again!

Back